The United States Department of State is inviting young female agribusiness entrepreneurs from Tanzania, Kenya, and Uganda from diverse backgrounds in private, public, non-governmental, and education sectors or individuals working to increase women’s economic engagement in the agricultural sector.
The Young Women Agribusiness Entrepreneurs and Innovators Program in USA 2018, is organized by the United States Department of States.
The goal of the Fellows’ Program is to build Fellows’ capacity and skills in agro-entrepreneurship and agri-food system innovation and for them to learn about issues of women’s economic empowerment. Kenyan, Tanzanian and Ugandan Fellows will develop their leadership capacity and professional skills through a fully funded four-week fellowship program in the United States.
Please check eligibility status as only eligible persons will be considered for this program
Eligible Countries: Tanzania, Kenya, and Uganda
To Be Taken At (Country):
Value of Award: The four-week U.S. program will include a professional internship with Michigan organizations focused on agriculture, innovation, agro-entrepreneurship, and women’s empowerment and additional seminars and trainings with professionals from Michigan State University and throughout the state of Michigan.
Duration of Program: 4 weeks.
Spring program: April 27th, 2018 – June 1st, 2018
Fall program: October 12th, 2018 – November 17th, 2018
- 25-40 years old
- A citizen, national, or permanent resident of Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda
- Is living and working in Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda at the time of the application
- Speaks fluent English
- Has at least 2 years of professional/working experience in their field
- Has demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and a commitment to community
- Has employer’s support for participating in the program (for those not self-employed). For those self-employed, has recommendation from local authorities at the district, county, and/or community levels
- Is interested in participating in a reciprocal program for American participants coming to your country
- Preference will be given to those who are in an earlier state of their careers
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously had the opportunity to travel to the US
Application Deadline: 8th December’ 2017
How to Apply: Apply here
Visit the Program Webpage for Details