ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Wells Mountain Foundation is offering undergraduate scholarships to interested students from developing countries to study in their own countries or other developing countries. The Foundation established the scholarship to help provide a chance for students to continue their education with the aim that they will be able to have a better future as well as improve their communities.
The Foundation considers serving the community very vital and because of this all scholarship participants will need to volunteer for at least one month a year.
The Foundation every years offers about 10-30 scholarships to successful applicants. The scholarships are meant for the duration of the program based on the good academic performance of the students.
The scholarship awards a successful applicant 3000 US dollars along with tuition and fees, books and other materials, rent for accommodation and meals.
It should be noted that applicants can only choose a university in a developing country. Applications will not be accepted from candidates who intend to study in USA, UK, Europe and Australia.
FIELD OF STUDY
Scholarships are offered for all eligible courses although the Foundation considers more professions like social work, health care, social justice, education and other professions that help the economy and growth of the country such as agriculture, business, computers and engineering.
- Applicants should be students from developing countries with the following requirements:
- Should have finished secondary education with good grades
- Should be ready to study in their country or another developing country
- They should be ready to live and work in their own country after graduating
- Should have volunteered before applying for the scholarship or be ready to volunteer while receiving the scholarship
- Candidates without a scholarship will not be able to go to school
- Should application in English which can be read easily
- Successful candidates need to maintain good grades as well as submit a report with their grades every semester to continue having the scholarship
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will need to submit two letters of recommendation written by someone who knows them but is not a member of their family. The persons should state why they deserve the scholarship, qualities they have that make them excellent students, successful graduates and responsible nationalswho will help their countries. These letters of recommendation could be from a teacher, a religious leader, volunteer supervisor, or an employer. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Deadline for application is April 1 2016
Candidates will be informed if they have been accepted by August 1