The University of Waterloo is currently accepting applications from international master’s students for its master’s award of excellence worth $2,500 for each term for a period of five terms.
About the school: The University of Waterloo is a public research university located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The university is offering the International Master’s Award of Excellence, valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five full-time terms within the allowable program time limits (6 terms), will be awarded to eligible international master’s students normally entering a research-based graduate program at the University of Waterloo. Faculties will nominate eligible students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. Students will be selected based on academic excellence as demonstrated through their application for admission to the graduate program.
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorships – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grandparents under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
Selection Criteria: Faculties will nominate eligible students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. Students will be selected based on academic excellence as demonstrated through their application for admission to the graduate program.
Number of Awards:
Value of Award: $2,500
Duration of Award: Award valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five terms.
How to Apply: Please contact your department/program Graduate Co-ordinator for further information regarding this award.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: Still on.
For more details: Visit Award Webpage for Details