The University of Sydney International Research Scholarships (USydIS) is now open for application. This scholarship targets students from all nationalities who intend to pursue a masters or PhD study program in University of Sydney, Australia. The aim of the scholarship is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities
In order to apply for this scholarship, the following scholarships must be met:
- Be an international student commencing full time enrollment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the IPRS.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an USydIS, unless the previous IPRS was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- IPRS/USydIS 2017 Round 1 offers will be made from early November to mid-December 2016. IPRS/USydIS 2017 Round 2 offers will be made from mid July, 2017.
Fields of study
All research disciplines are eligible and may be supported. For more, please visit the Course Search section of the official website.
What the scholarship covers
This scholarship will cover tuition fees and living expenses
How to apply
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply. Note that no separate application for a USydIS Scholarship is necessary. Students must indicate that they would like to be considered for the IPRS by completing the relevant section of the Postgraduate Research Application form.
Applications must be received by the following deadlines:
- 31 July of the previous year for Semester 1 (March) commencement
- 15 December of the previous year for Semester 2 (July) commencement