International students who wish to study in Canada at The University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), UPEI is a growing centre of research excellence in Atlantic Canada. Ranked the number one university in Canada for research income growth.
The University of Prince Edward Island- UPEI, is a public liberal arts university in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, and the sole university in the province. Founded in 1969.
It’s the only university on Prince Edward Island, UPEI has four faculties—arts, science, education and veterinary medicine—along with a business school and nursing school.
Important notes: To study here, all first-year students have to choose one of three mandatory courses: writing, global studies or university studies.
How to Apply
International Application Information
Create a UPEI account and apply for future study.
Students must complete the application form.
English score required
MINIMUM IELTS SCORE MINIMUM TOEFL IBT
POSTGRADUATE UNDERGRADUATE POSTGRADUATE UNDERGRADUATE
7.0 6.5 100 80
All tuition and fee information can be found on our Finance department website. Tuition and international fees are the same for EAP courses as for credit courses. Fees are subject to change.
At the University of Prince Edward Island, international students may expect to pay from $7,000 to $65,000 per year, it depends on the program.
AVERAGE TUITION FEE PER YEAR
All students living in Bernardine Hall or Andrew Hall are required to purchase a 5- or 7-day meal plan each semester. Blanchard Hall residents are not required to purchase a meal plan, but are permitted to do so if they wish. Priority for Blanchard Hall semi-private space is given to upper-year, transfer, graduate, and mature students. Please refer to your registration material and the Residence Life Agreement for fee payment information and schedules.
Note: Credit card payments of tuition or residence fees has been discontinued.
These fees cover the 2017-2018 academic year, and are subject to change.
- Single room, with 5-day meal plan: $5,195.00 per semester
- Single room, with 7-day meal plan: $5,280.00 per semester
- Double room, with 5-day meal plan: $4,535.00 per semester
- Double room, with 7-day meal plan: $4,620.00 per semester
Bill and Denise Andrew Hall
- Single suite with 5-day meal plan: $5,517.00 per semester
- Single suite with 7-day meal plan: $5,602.00 per semester
- Double suite with 5-day meal plan: $5,355.00 per semester
- Double suite with 7-day meal plan: $5,440.00 per semester
- Triple suite with 5-day meal plan: $5,355.00 per semester
- Triple suite with 7-day meal plan: $5,440.00 per semester
- Semi-private (private bedroom): $3,117.00 per semester
Residence Meal Plans
- 5-day meal plan: $2,162.00 per semester
- 7-day meal plan: $2,247.00 per semester
Cost of living in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
|Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 Sqft) furnished accommodation in EXPENSIVE area||C$1,602|
|Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 Sqft) furnished accommodation in NORMAL area||C$1,388|
|Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas …) for 2 people in 85m2 flat||C$235|
|Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 Sqft) furnished studio in EXPENSIVE area||C$1,078|
|Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 Sqft) furnished studio in NORMAL area||C$693|
|Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas …) for 1 person in 45 m2 (480 Sqft) studio||C$173|
|Internet 8 Mbps (1 month)||C$78|