Canada arguably, is one of the best places to study. A country known for its peaceful co-existence and firm economy.
Laval University (French: Université Laval) located in Quebec City, the capital of the province of Quebec is the oldest centre of education in Canada (2nd oldest in North America) offers scholarships for international students from outside of France who wish to study for a Masters degree program at the university.
The purpose of this Master’s Scholarships for International Students program is to promote academic excellence by offering scholarships to foreign students who are citizens of an African or European country (other than France*) and are admitted to a master’s program at Université Laval.
The Masters Scholarships for Foreign Students at University of Laval is $7,000 per year and is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval.
Eligibility conditions include:
- At the deadline indicated below, you must have submitted a complete application package* at Université Laval in an eligible first master’s program and have been accepted in this program.
- You are a foreign student who is a citizen of an African or European country other than France.*
- You graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed.
- You are registered full time for the two first semesters in the program of study for which the scholarship was granted (winter and summer).
Fields of study
Scholarships are awarded within the following participating faculties:
- Faculty of Law,
- Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies,
- Faculty of Forestry, Geography and Geomatics,
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Dentistry,
- Faculty of Music,
- Faculty of Pharmacy,
- Faculty of Philosophy,
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Food,
- Faculty of Educational Sciences,
- Faculty of Science and Engineering,
- Faculty of Nursing,
- Faculty of Social Sciences and
- Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies.
Number of awards
Candidates are eligible, but scholarships are subject to faculty decision. Participating faculties can determine a fixed number of scholarships to be awarded.
The masters scholarship is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval
The scholarship is worth $7,000 per year
Method of Application
There is no form to complete for master’s level scholarships. Recipients are selected using information from admission applications received by Université Laval. To be considered, candidates must submit a complete application for admission to the University no later than the deadline of the target semester.
It is important to visit the How to apply for admission? webpage, and the official scholarship webpage (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply.
To be considered, candidates must apply for admission before the following target semesters:
- Admission for summer 2017: January 15th, 2017
- Admission for fall 2017: February 1st, 2017
- Admission for winter 2018: September 15th, 2017
Open to International Applicants: