The University of Glasgow is offering up to 8 scholarships which are worth the full tuition fee for a one-year Master’s programme for the September 2018 academic session. The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. It was founded in 1451.
African applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their application for admission and must:
- be resident in Africa at the time of applying and must have completed a first degree in Africa
- demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a UK 2:1 Hons degree or better
Selection Criteria: Applicants will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit.
Number of Awardees: 2 per College
Value of Scholarship: Full fee waiver
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: Applicants who are being considered will be notified within the timeframes above. There is no separate application form required.
Offer holders who are being considered for the scholarship will be contacted and asked to submit a 400 word personal statement detailing:
- why you have selected the programme at the University of Glasgow
- why you merit the funded-place (e.g academic/personal achievement)
- how you will benefit from it (e.g. employment prospects, financial relief, etc)
- Your personal statement should be around 400 words andmust include your full name and applicant number.
Award Provider: University of Glasgow
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2018