About 72 postgraduate scholarships will be provided by TreccAfrica (Transdisciplinary Training for Resource Efficiency and Climate Change Adaptation in Africa) to African students to pursue their studies in six leading African Universities. This is a full scholarship and will cover tuition fees, €600 to €1000 monthly allowance, one roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs for all scholarship holder. The deadline for scholarship application is 30th May, 2014.
TreccAfrica (Transdisciplinary Training for Resource Efficiency and Climate Change Adaptation in Africa) will provide doctoral and master’s training to 72 postgraduate students in Africa at six leading African Universities to provide the next generation of academics and professionals who will be able to address an interlocking set of real challenges for Africa’s future development: climate change and resource depletion. Africa’s position in this complex requires unique, transdisciplinary skills and competencies. It is a continent dominated by poverty, contributes relatively little to total greenhouse gasses and in recent years has become the focus of a new global scramble for primary resources as new players like China have entered the game.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a national and/ or resident of any of the eligible countries
- students must therefore be registered/ admitted at the University of Ghana, Mekelle University, the University of Dar-es-Salaam, the University of Nairobi, Stellenbosch University and the University of Nigeria (Nsukka).
- Students are also required to have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
- For staff to be eligible for TreccAfrica scholarships, they need to comply with the following criteria:
- Be a national or resident of the countries covered by the scholarship ‣ Work at or be associated with a Higher Education Institution
- The assignment of mobility of a staff member must be based on the agreement between partner institutions
- There must be an agreement between the home and host HEI regarding the modules to be taught by the visiting lecturer, the type of research to be conducted, the type of training to be followed or the administrative tasks to be undertaken.
- Staff mobility may take the form of a direct post-to-post exchange or a one way flow of mobility to or from an eligible country.
Fields of study/research
Applicants can choose to pursue their study in the following fields:
Sustainable development, environmental management, renewable energy, food science and technology, natural resource assessment, climate and society, biotechnology, agro-ecology, soil physics, microbiology and veterinary medicine.
What the scholarship covers
This is a full scholarship and will cover tuition fees, €600 to €1000 monthly allowance, one roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs for all scholarship holder.
How to apply
The mode of application is by email. Click here for more information on how to apply
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th May, 2014.