Poland is a fascinating study destination especially in fields like engineering. The country houses some of the best engineering universities offering a wide range of programs like Computation, Engineering Design, Thermodynamics, physics electronics grouped in disciplines like Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering. If you are making plans to study a branch of engineering in any Polish university, I will be sharing with you the top affordable engineering universities in Poland.
Obtaining a degree in most Polish Universities is affordable as they have some of the lowest tuition fee universities in Europe. Studying in Poland will give strong instruction which will completely set you up for work in the most exceptional work markets of the world, simultaneously animating your very own turn of events.
Why Study Engineering in Poland?
Poland is a country located in Europe. The official language is Polish, however, students can still be instructed in English medium as some polish universities teach in English.
The country has well-established colleges and universities that offer excellent technical education to international students. So, wondering if Poland is a good place for engineering, then you should take note of these points listed below.
- Low-cost tuition fee: Studying Engineering in Poland is quite cheaper than in other technical universities in Europe.
- Conducive atmosphere for learning: The learning environment is cool and free from upheavals.
- Availability of scholarships to international students: If eligible, international students can apply for scholarship programs in Poland.
Top affordable engineering universities in Poland
- Warsaw University of Technology.
Over the years, Warsaw university has consistently made the list of top engineering universities in Poland. The university is rated among the best technical universities around the globe with an array of programs to choose from like biotechnology, chemical engineering, electrical and mechanical engineering.
It offers engineering programs to international students at all levels of study. Its tuition fee is also, considered among the cheapest.
2. Wrocław University of Science and Technology.
Established in 1945, Wrocław University of Technology is a public institution with a penchant for technical services. Its research and style of teaching earn the university the well-deserved spot of being named among the three best technical universities in Poland.
Students planning to study here should visit the website http://pwr.edu.pl to choose a program and also check the admission requirements as it relates to the country of origin.
3. AGH University of Science & Technology.
AGH University of Science and Technology is in the category of one of the oldest, largest, and top engineering universities in Poland. Founded in 1913, the university has produced great alumni all thanks to its quality style of teaching heightened with the inclusion of field-based teachings.
It has a wide selection of education, offering 57 courses with much focus on technical services.
4.Poznan University of Technology
Poznan University of Technology (PUT) was borne out of the State School of Mechanical Engineering founded in 1919. The university was established to provide personnel highly qualified in engineering, closely related to research, technology development, and innovation in partnership with the economy and humanity.
PUT is made up of 10 departments with programs available in graduate and undergraduate studies.
5.Gdansk University of Technology
Gdańsk University of Technology (GUT) is the largest technical university in the Pomeranian Region and one of the oldest technical universities in Poland. Also, it is listed among the top affordable engineering universities in Poland.
Currently, it has 9 faculties with different programs available to Bachelor’s, Masters, and Doctoral studies.
6. Lodz University of Technology
Established Lodz in 1945, Lodz University of Technology is one of the biggest and the best state universities in Poland. The University is made up of 9 faculties with a pedigree in engineering education.
7. Opole University of Technology
Opole University of Technology (OUTech) is the largest technical institution in the region with a significant position and tradition, providing education mostly in the area of technical science but also in the fields of management, tourism, sport, and physiotherapy.
Eligibility Criteria for engineering fields in Poland
To study engineering in Poland, students are mandated to have the following:
- The complete form of admission which is duly filled
- IELTS test scores
- Recommendation letter from the university
- Current resume of the candidate
- Scanned copy of all the educational documents needed, based on the eligibility criteria needed for the specific engineering programme
Admission Information for BA or BSC (Bachelors) Candidates:
- Notarized secondary school certificate or an official duplicate issued by the candidate’s high school,
- filled out the application form,
- 4 passport-size photographs,
- copy of candidate’s ID (passport),
- certificate of the English language proficiency optionally (unless the high school courses were taught in English);
- the medical certificate with no contraindication for studying,
- admission fee payment receipt.
Usually, the tuition for engineering courses is higher than some other costs. Poland has one of the cheapest tuition fees, although the cost varies from University to University however the average cost of completing bachelor’s degrees in engineering is around 2000 Euro while the completion of master’s degree or Ph.D. in the field of Engineering would cost around 3000 Euro.
Here is the list of documents needed for the application for a visa to study in Poland
- A properly filled and signed application for a visa
- Valid Passport
- Letter of acceptance from the college or university
- A resume of the candidate
- Certificates from the school or the college
- Proof of proficiency of the language
- Bank statement of account
- Health Insurance from a recognized organization
- A passport-sized photograph
- Application fee for Visa
- Accommodation proof
Poland offers quality education, its engineering schools have some of the best infrastructures to aid learning. For more information on any of the schools, kindly visit the school website.