The University of Toronto is awarding MasterCard scholarship to students from Africa who intends to pursue undergraduate study in the university. The scholarship is fully funded and cover expenses like tuition fees, living expenses, flight fare etc.
Every year, MasterCard foundation awards lot of scholarships to students from Africa to study in top universities abroad. This year, MasterCard is partnering with University of Toronto to offer outstanding students scholarships to study in in University of Toronto, Canada. The Program aims to educate and enable students to contribute to the economic growth and social development of their countries of origin. Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who show academic talent, personal commitment to giving back to their country, yet face significant economic barriers.
Applicants should meet the following requirements before applying for this scholarship:
- Applicant first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begun university study elsewhere.
- Must be citizen of a Sub-Saharan Africa country.
- Must be a resident and a graduating high school student of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country.
- Must have very strong academic results within your school system.
- Must have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement.
- Must maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development.
- Be graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed the necessary academic requirements.
- Must fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country).
Fields of study
All undergraduate programs in University of Toronto, Canada.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship is fully funded and will cover expenses such as travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food and living expenses.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Completed application must include the following components;
- A completed online application – all applicable sections must be filled out, including contact information, financial information, personal details and responses to essay questions.
- Financial documents – upload a scanned copy of financial documentation.
- Transcript– upload a scanned copy of your secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references– provide the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is December 10, 2015.