If you are an educator who inspires students with out of the box thinking and a true collaborative spirit, then the Microsoft Innovative Educator Program is for you! This program is designed to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes. MIE Experts work closely with Microsoft to lead innovation in education. They advocate and share their thoughts on effective use of technology in education with peers and policy makers. They provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
The Microsoft Innovative Educator Program targets educators around the globe.
Benefits of the program
Selected educators of the MIE expert program will benefit in the following ways;
- Receive publicity and promotion via social media and other Microsoft channels
- Professional and career development opportunities and certifications
- Share their expertise with world-renowned educators and specialists to scale their innovations
- Present in Microsoft’s global EduCast Webinar series (http://www.aka.ms/educast)
- Participate in focus groups giving feedback to a development teams on Microsoft products
- Join invitation-only special events from Microsoft
- Share their passion for Microsoft with peers and policymakers, and through social media, blogs and videos
- Test out new products while in beta form
- Represent Microsoft through product demonstrations, and by attending events
- Build educator capacity in your community (school, district or at training events) by training and coaching colleagues and inviting them to join the online Microsoft Educator Community
- Collaborate with innovative educators across the globe using Skype in the Classroom
- Host regional events showcasing uses of Microsoft technology in the classroom
- Achieve eligibility to attend the Microsoft Global Educator Exchange Event (E2), Spring 2016
Duration of the program
The Microsoft Innovative Educator Program is a 3 year program.
How to apply for the program
The mode of application is online. You will need to read the MIE- how to apply section and then complete and submit the MIE Expert self nomination form. Click here to contact Microsoft educator network for more information on how to apply.
October 30th 2015