The University of Sussex, UK, is pleased to offer scholarship specifically to Nigerian postgraduate Master’s students in September 2018. The University of Sussex is a public research university in Falmer, near Brighton in Sussex. The university received its Royal Charter in August 1961, and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities promoting excellence in research and teaching.
The scholarship is worth £3,000 for applicants that meet the eligibility criteria and will be awarded as a fee reduction upon registering at Sussex. For applicants holding/expecting to achieve a First Class degree, equivalent to a British Bachelor’s Honours degree from a Higher Education Institution in Nigeria, the award will automatically be enhanced to £5,000.
Type: Postgraduate taught (Master’s)
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): University of Sussex, UK
Eligible Field of Study: The scholarships relate to all full-time taught Master’s degree courses at the University of Sussex (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM. MRes) with a few exceptions
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible for a scholarship you must;
- be a national of Nigeria,
- be a self-financing student
- have accepted an offer of a full-time place on a Master’s course at the University of Sussex commencing in September 2018.
- meet the published academic requirements for your chosen course.
If your offer of a place is conditional you will need to meet the conditions of your offer before you are admitted to the University and awarded the scholarship. To receive the enhanced award, you will be required to provide evidence of your First Class degree from a recognised institution in Nigeria.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: Scholarship will be awarded as a fee reduction of up to £5,000.
Duration of Scholarship: one year
How to Apply:
- Register your interest in the scholarship via PG Apply when you accept our offer of a place on an eligible Master’s course. If you have applied via one of our overseas representatives, you will need to ask them to do this on your behalf.
- If you are successful, information about the scholarship will be included in your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) for your visa application. If the scholarship information is not showing on your CAS or you want to register for the scholarship after the CAS has been created, please contact the Admissions Office: [email protected]
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Scholarship Provider: University of Sussex, UK
Important Notes: You must accept an offer of a place on an eligible Master’s course and submit the online declaration in order to receive the scholarship. You must allow sufficient time for the Master’s application to be considered before the 1 August deadline. You must also have sufficient time to obtain a visa to study at Sussex, if you need one.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2018