Manchester is a major city in the northwest of England with a rich industrial heritage. International students who have chosen to study in Manchester as their preferred study abroad destination won’t have any regrets. The popular club sides in England, The Blue and The Red, are all situated in the beautiful city of Manchester. Perhaps, this could be one of the reasons foreign students who are football fans consider when choosing Manchester as their study destination.
Manchester, is the second largest urban city in the UK. Manchester University is among the top five targets for leading graduate employers.
If your mind is settled to study in the University of Manchester for an undergraduate or postgraduate course program, and you aren’t too sure of the tuition fees, check below to see what would be expected as your fees and other possible costs.
Tuition fees cover the cost of your study and include charges for registration, tuition, supervision, examinations and graduation.
Important notes: Payment of fees will also entitle you to membership of the library, the Students’ Union and the Athletic Union.
To provide you with certainty in your financial planning we have fixed tuition fees for new international students for the duration of their course (please note that this does not apply to clinical undergraduate courses in Medicine and Dentistry, or to progression from our foundation year to a bachelor’s degree course).
Any offer of a place at the University is made on the understanding that you have sufficient funds to pay for your tuition fees and your living expenses for the entire duration of your period of study.
Undergraduate Tuition Fees 2017/18.
International students are charged annually at the rate for the year they commenced and remain fixed for the duration of their programme of study or research.
|Commenced study||Arts fees||Science fees||Clinical fees|
International tuition fee bands for 2018 entry*
Foundation (pre-undergraduate) tuition fees:
|Engineering and Science Foundation (Year 0)||£22,000|
|Biosciences Foundation Year||£22,000|
|INTO Manchester International Foundation Programme||£17,155+|
Bachelor, master’s and PhD tuition fees:
|Laboratory (science and engineering degrees)||£22,000|
|Clinical years within Medicine and Dentistry degrees||£40,000|
|Alliance Manchester Business School Master’s tuition fees||£18,500–£24,500|
Please note that international fees are not standard across all courses. Please check the appropriate Faculty or School pages for the exact fee for each course.
Paying your fees
There are several ways that you can pay your tuition fees. For more information on methods of payment please visit the Crucial Guide for Students website:
If you are an international student and require a CAS statement – please note payments are added to the CAS once they have been received and are matched to your account.
How to pay?
The quickest and easiest way to pay your deposit is online using a credit or debit card.
- Complete IT signup in order to obtain a central username and password
- Ensure you are logged into the My Manchester student portal using these details
- Click the ‘Pay online’ button and follow the on screen instructions
If you are unable to pay online or would like to payments with an adviser, please call the Student Services Centre on +44 (0)161 275 5000, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except Tuesdays, 10am and 5pm). Alternatively email: [email protected].
There’re provisions for halls and other private apartments. It all depends on your choice and budget.
- £95–£100 per week for a single self-catering room with shared facilities;
- £134–£142 per week for a single self-catering room with en-suite facilities;
- £130–£141 per week for a single room with shared facilities in a catered hall;
- £138 per week for a single room in a single-sex hall.Residency fees cover Internet connection, personal possessions insurance and all utility services. As an example, fees for 2017/18, based on a 40-week letting period,Fees vary according to hall and/or room facilities. For more information, please consult the Accommodation Office website for details of individual hall prices. Fees for 2018/19, which may be subject to increase, will be published in due course.