The University of Essex is a public research university in Colchester, Essex, England. It was established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965. The Research Excellence Framework (REF) in 2014 ranked Essex in the top twenty universities in the UK for the quality of its research and the top five for social science.
International students from African nations who are self-funding could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on of the tuition fee.
Eligibility: You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2017-18 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table below:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
- You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries: Bangladesh, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Vietnam
Selection Criteria: We’ll assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: £4,000
Duration of Program: 1 Year
How to Apply:
If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 30 September 2017 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. All our relevant course applications, received by the given deadline, will automatically be considered for this scholarship and a fee discount applied to all who meet our grade requirements. You’ll be notified of your award at the point when your place at Essex is confirmed, and by the end of October 2017. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Award Provider: University of Essex