Applications are currently being accepted for the Distance Learning Equity and Merit Scholarships for Study in UK, 2018. Eligible persons are invited to apply and all applications are to be submitted before the deadline as stated below.
The Institute of Development Policy and Management (IDPM) is a top destination for postgraduate students and offers an array of funding opportunities, including strategic use of your own resources.
|Level: Master’s degree
Field(s): The scholarships are available for the following courses:
Value of Scholarship : Scholarships cover all tuition fees, course materials and examinations.
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Manchester | UK
You should meet all the following criteria:
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania, Uganda or Rwanda and have not previously studied abroad;
- hold a First or Upper Second class degree;
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience;
- have a clear idea how studying for an online Master’s would benefit both your career and the development of your home country;
- have achieved a grade C in English Language at Tanzania or Uganda Certificate of Secondary Education level or have a minimum IELTS result of 6.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other subscores (please note that a certificate of proficiency from a local university cannot be considered as evidence of your level of English language proficiency).
The scholarships will be awarded on merit basis.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application within four weeks of the deadline.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted online
‣ Applicants do not need an offer of admission to apply for the scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : 30th November .
You don’t need to have an offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. Please don’t apply for Master’s admission separately; if your scholarship application is successful then an academic offer will be made.
Please email [email protected] with any enquiries.
Equity & Merit Scholarships (Open for applications at the end of 2017) are available for Nationals of Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda, to study in the distance learning programme.
Informal enquiries, prior to application, are welcome. Please contact either: Prof. Richard Heeks (Programme Director) | Email: [email protected] ; or Jaco Renken (Programme Director) | Email: [email protected]
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.