Turkey is fast gaining a reputation as an ideal destination for international students seeking quality educational qualifications. The 2017 Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey in scientific fields is open. The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (Turkish: Türkiye Bilimsel ve Teknolojik Araştırma Kurumu, TÜBİTAK) is a national agency of Turkey whose stated goal is to develop “science, technology and innovation” (STI) policies, support and conduct research and development, and to “play a leading role in the creation of a science and technology culture” in the country. TÜBİTAK was founded in 1963 as an autonomous public institution, governed by a Science Board.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields above. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Recognized Universities in Turkey
Eligible Fields of Study: Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Candidates should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Candidates should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
- Candidates must be 35 years old or younger.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students.
- Candidates who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
Selection Criteria: All successfully submitted applications are listed and prepared for scientific evaluation after the prior selection. The proposal will be evaluated according to the following 4 evaluation criteria:
- Research potential of the fellow
- Scientific and technological quality of the research proposal
- Impact of the proposed fellowship to the applicant’s training and career development to the hosting institution and to Turkey
- Implementation of the proposed research
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The scholarship will consist of a monthly stipend, tuition fee, travel costs and health insurance.
Duration of Fellowship: Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal by 6th October, 2017
It is important to visit the Fellowshsip webpage (see link below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Award Provider: Turkey Government
Application Deadline: 6th October, 2017