Trinidad and Tobago officially the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, is a twin island sovereign state that is the southernmost nation in the Caribbean. It is situated 130 kilometres (81 miles) south of Grenada off the northern edge of the South American mainland, 11 kilometres (6.8 miles) off the coast of northeastern Venezuela. It shares maritime boundaries with Barbados to the northeast, Grenada to the northwest, Guyana to the southeast, and Venezuela to the south and west.
Aside the its Carnival celebration, Trinidad and Tobago, is one of the caribbean countries where education is paramount. This why the literacy rate here is over 98 percent.
International students who wish to study in Trinidad and Tobago, may be needing a student visa. This is a type of non-immigrant visa. Depending on the country. On how to go about this, kindly visit the country’s website on immigration issues.
Lists of Accredited Universities in Trinidad and Tobago
1. The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine– University of the West Indies at St Augustine (UWI), is a public higher education institution in Trinidad and Tobago established in 1948, its main focus is on research and innovation. UWI, has fully accredited programmes across seven faculties, and a cosmopolitan campus community.
Bachelor (foreigners) $12,500/year.
Master (foreigners) $12,500/year.
Official Website sta.uwi.edu
2. University of the Southern Caribbean– The University University of the Southern Caribbean (USC) is a private, coeducational institution with a diverse student body located in the twin-island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. It is operated by the Caribbean Union Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist church.
Official Website www.usc.edu.tt
3. The University of Trinidad and Tobago– The University of Trinidad and Tobago, also known as UTT, is a state owned university in Trinidad and Tobago established in 2004. Its main campus, currently under construction, will be located at Wallerfield in Trinidad.
Tuition- Tuition fees differ depending on programme area.
Bachelor– From $21,600.00- $64,000.00
POSTGRADUATE LEVEL PROGRAMMES- $24,000.00-$36,000.00
Non-refundable Application Fee:
- US$25.00 for International applicants
4. College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago– The College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago (COSTAATT) is a non-public, multi-campus college in Trinidad and Tobago. Established in the year 2000.
Official Website www.costaatt.edu.tt