King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals is inviting eligible international students to apply for the full Masters and PhD scholarships in the fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Business for the 2021/2022 academic session.
About the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
KFUPM or UPM is a public university in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. The university focuses in fields in science, engineering, and business/management programs.
The university has a very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Stanford: Oil, Gas, and Geosciences.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical, and Polymers.
Also, it partners with these universities and industries in different research fields.
- Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established the
- National Centers for Research Excellence in the following areas:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
- Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
- Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Corrosion (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/corec/).
- Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers (http://cid-rpp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/).
- Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/).
Program type: Masters, PhD
Distinguished local and international graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Business.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Fully funded
Eligible Countries: Local and International
To be Taken at: Saudi Arabia
How to Apply?
The online graduate admission application for the coming semester will be available according to the Online application Deadlines through the Online Application link
After submission of a complete online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before the Deadlines through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application. Mandatory documents for an application (without which application will not be processed
Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for a final decision)
TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 156, min. Analytical Writing is 4.0).
Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
Application Deadline: 11th February 2021
All interested and eligible, local and international candidates are invited to apply for Graduate Studies at KFUPM according to the
deadlines in this link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/en/Application-Deadlines.aspx