The University of Twente invites scholars for the International Students’ Scholarship at the university. The University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programs (MSc) at the University of Twente.
The University of Twente is a public research university located in Enschede, Netherlands. It offers degrees in the fields of Social Sciences, Exact Sciences and is highly specialized in Engineering.
Level: Master’s degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for the following programs: Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering , Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Management, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Construction Management and Engineering Educational Science and Technology, Electrical Engineering Embedded Systems, European Studies, Health Sciences, Human Media Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Environmental and Energy Management, Mechanical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, Public Administration, Science Education and Communication, Sustainable Energy Technology, Systems and Control and Telematics.
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Twente | Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Twente Scholarship is targeted at the students of EU/EEA
Becoming one of the most promising UT students. Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three Honours programmes: Research Honours, Design Honours, or Change leaders.
€ 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year program, make sure you read the information about two-year study programs below. Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
|Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.|
- Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programs starting in the academic year 2018/2019 (September). Please note: After the completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a student-number.
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate program;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub score of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- The University of Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of applying is online. In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master’s programs.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st February 2018, 1st May 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.