Maastricht University (UM) is accepting applications for Holland High Potential Scholarships. The High Potential scholarships are offered annually by the Maastricht University. These Scholarships Fund is geared towards encouraging talented students from outside the EU/EEA to undertake a Master’s programme at Maastricht University Holland.
Maastricht University is a public university in Maastricht, Netherlands. Founded in 1976, it is the second youngest of the thirteen Dutch universities. The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
The High Potential Scholarship is intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education programme at Maastricht University.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Eligible Countries: International students from a country outside the EU/EEA.
To be taken at (country): Netherlands
Eligibility: All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You come from a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You are applying for a full-time master’s programme at Maastricht University.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of Maastricht University.
- You have never studied at an education institution in the Netherlands.
- You are not over 35 years of age at the start of the 2018/19 academic year.
- You obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose transcript(s) demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2018/19 scholarship programme applicants.
Number of Awardees: Not specified.
Value of Scholarship:
- Living expenses: € 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months)
- Insurances: € 710
- Visa costs: € 317
- Tuition fees: € 13,000 € 15,000 or € 17,500 depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-Academic Training Costs: € 825
Duration of Scholarship:
- 13 months in the case of a one-year master’s programme
- 25 months in the case of a two-year master’s programme
How to Apply: Interested students can find the steps to apply for this scholarship in the Scholarship Webpage. In the section Application and Selection, you may go through information about how to fill and send the application form. This differs per faculty.
Award Provider: Maastricht University
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018