Malaysia has fast become a country with major technological infrastructure and international technology developments going on. It is a country with people with diverse culture with different languages though everyone still seems to speak English. Added to this is the oil industry which is doing quite well and has gone on to create job opportunities.
Another good aspect of Malaysia is the affordable cost of tertiary education that has seen a lot of international students chose to study in the country. The cost of education consists of tuition fees, course fees and study fees which depend on the institution and program chosen by the student. The cost of living depends on the lifestyle of students including where they stay and their accommodation chosen.
There are about 700 private higher institutions and Universities in the country including American and British Universities that are approved by the ministry of education in Malaysia and other ministries of education over the world.
The universities in the country have three set periods for admission and their fees when compared a host of other countries is much cheaper. A student has the advantage of obtaining a twinning degree at several institutes and can also transfer their credits to other countries where a campus of the institute exists.
Malaysia is a pleasant country to live in with its lovely scenery consisting of its National parks, lovely beaches, lagoons and wildlife.
COST OF LIVING AND STUDY IN MALAYSIA
Cost of living could cost about $2, 632 per year but could be 10% higher living in the city. Study costs include the following:
Degree Programs for 3 or 4 years cost: US$4000 to US$5000 per year
Post-graduate programs cost: US$10000 to US$15000 for the whole program
Foundation/Diploma programs cost: US$3000 to US$3500 per year
ADMISSION PROCESS FOR STUDYING IN MALAYSIA
Below are steps for direct entry into Malaysia
- Submit an application form along with necessary documents to chosen institution which has approval from the ministry of home affairs and Malaysia immigration
- If your application is accepted you will then be assisted by the institution for a student pass at the Malaysian Immigration Department before entry into the country
- If accepted a letter of approval for the student pass will be given by the Malaysian Immigration Department to the educational institution that offered you admission. The institution will then forward the approval to you while in your country
- Before going to Malaysia you should inform your educational institution of your entry including date and time of arrival
- You will be received by the institution when you arrive in the county and a visa will be issued at the entry point. It should be noted that citizens from The Peoples Republic of China are supposed to obtain Entry Visa prior to entry into Malaysia.
- After about two weeks of your arrival in the country, your passport will be submitted by the institution to the immigration department to place a student sticker on it.
Below is a list of top Universities in Malaysia 2012-2013 offering quality programs in MBA, Medical, Engineering, Arts & Design, Films & Media and lots more.
There are about 46 universities in Malaysia including Universiti Utara MalaysiaUniversiti Utara Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, University of Malaya, UniversitiTeknologi Malaysia, UniversitiTun Hussein Onn Malaysia