The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in conjunction with Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships available for postgraduate study in Ireland.
About the program: The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a South African strand of a broader Ireland Fellows Programme managed by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs.
The Ireland Fellows Programme enables early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully-funded one-year master’s level programme at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): Ireland
Fields of Study: In 2021, fellowships will be offered for postgraduate study in the following:
- Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, Rural Development
- Food Science, Food Engineering and related
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health, Medicine and Health Economics
- Development Studies, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution and Humanitarian Action
- Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development and Sociology
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- Law, Human Rights and related
- International Relations, Politics, Government, Ethics
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management and Business
- Information Systems and Communications Technology
Eligibility status: Applicants must:
- be a resident national of South Africa
- Have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering)
- Hold an honours’ level academic qualification with a minimum grade point average of 75% (First class honour, or second class honour, Grade
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above-listed subject areas
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year 2021/2022
- Must not have applied for Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible.
Number of Awardees: Not specified.
Value of Scholarship: The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
How to Apply: Click below to apply for the Kader Asmal Fellowship for Postgraduate study in Ireland in 2021/2022.
Also, visit the Fellowship Webpage for details.