International Space University is offering a scholarship program for overseas students for the 2018-2019 academic year. The International Space University in partnership with industry and government agencies supports MSS, SSP and SH-SSP students who are unable to cover all of their tuition fees.
The International Space University (ISU) was founded as an international institution of higher learning, dedicated to the development of outer space for peaceful purposes through international and multidisciplinary education and research programs (ISU Bylaws, Article 2.1). It is a not-for-profit interdisciplinary university founded in 1987 that offers a Master of Science in Space Studies (MSS) in addition to the flagship Space Studies Program (SSP), a professional development program that is convened annually every summer since 1988 at various locations around the world.
This aid is available to selected applicants, and covers a portion of their tuition fees. It is paid directly to ISU by the sponsoring organization. Please note that the MSS scholarships do not cover living expenses, which need to be secured by the applicants.
– Applicants from Europe – Applicants from the United States, Canada and Australia
– Applicants from developing countries
– Applicants from other countries (within the limits of funds available)
To be taken at (country): France
Selection Criteria: Financial aid is granted on the basis of:
– Academic and professional merit
– Demonstrated efforts in personal fund-raising
– Demonstrated financial need
Number of Awardees: Numerous
Value of Scholarship: MSS scholarships are granted to help towards tuition fees only. ISU does not assist with living expenses, travel or insurance costs for the MSS. SSP scholarships are granted for help towards tuition fees and living expenses only. ISU does not assist with travel expenses or health insurance for the SSP.
How to Apply:
- Applicants for the MSS program 2018-2019 should apply online on the ISU website and send the requested documents by 15th March, 2018 if they are requesting scholarships, and by 30th June, 2018 if they have already secured their tuition fees.
- SSP18 applicants should apply online on the ISU website and send the requested documents by 31st January, 2018 if they are requesting scholarships, and by 30th Apri,l 2018 if they have already secured their tuition fees.
- SH-SSP18 applicants should apply online on the ISU website and send the requested documents by 30th November, 2017. Financial aid support may be provided if still available.
Award Provider: International Space University
Important Notes: Financial aid will be awarded within the limits of funds available, so early applications are highly recommended. Please note that the relevant box on the Confidential Financial Information form of the application must be checked. It is recommended that candidates make a personal effort to raise funds enabling them to attend the program. Such initiatives are taken into consideration when ISU allocates funding.
When submitting your application to ISU, please don’t forget to attach your resume. Your resume may be given by ISU Staff Members to sponsors. However, ISU will not give its sponsors contact information, but will try its best to match applicant’s profiles to sponsor requirements.
*Courses are carried out exclusively in English, and all applicants to ISU programs must demonstrate that they are sufficiently proficient in English to follow classes and to conduct project work.
- MSS Program: 15th March, 2018
- SSP18 Program: 31st January, 2018
- SH-SSP18 Program: 30th November, 2017