The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces the availability of the International Master’s and Undergraduate Sciences Po Eiffel Scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic session. International applicants are welcome to participate. But they must ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria as listed.
Sciences Po only presents applications from candidates with profiles that match the priorities of the Eiffel scholarship. If you are offered a place to study at Sciences Po, we will inform you whether your application will be proposed to Campus France (the organization in charge of this scholarship).
Type: Master’s, Undergraduate
Value of Award: Monthly grant. The Eiffel Scholarship does not cover tuition fees. Students offered a place to study at Sciences Po who receive the scholarship are therefore responsible for paying the annual tuition fees.
To Be Taken At (Country): France
Sciences Po candidates
- Applicants for our graduate programmes
- Applicants for the dual degree in Journalism / Columbia (BAMA) (who are already first year students at Columbia’s university School of Journalism)
Sciences Po students
- Third year Sciences Po students
- Second year undergraduate students in one of our partnership programmes at Poitiers campus
- First year graduate student at Science Po
- Students admitted last year in their first year as a graduate student who requested a deferral
- Students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission if they submit an English test before the scholarship application deadline.
- PhD students who are co-supervised or presenting a joint thesis with a partner university
- Students admitted to the following dual degree programme (other Sciences Po dual degree programmes are not eligible for this scholarship):
- Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University (candidates for this programme are eligible)
- Sciences et Politiques de l’Environnement Sciences Po/Université Pierre et Marie Curie (only first year students are eligible)
- Quantitative Economics Sciences Po/Panthéon Sorbonne Paris I (only first year students are eligible)
- The Eiffel laureates who graduated in June 2017and wish to submit an Eiffel application for the PhD.
Not eligible to the Eiffel Scholarship
- Students who already received a grant or scholarship from the French government
- Students who have previously applied for an Eiffel scholarship and who have been unsuccessful, even if they change their field of study.
- Candidates for the 1year Master’s programmes
- Candidates for the Joint Master in Journalism and International Affairs (Except candidates in their first year)
- Students admitted to a Sciences Po dual degree programme (except for the 3 dual degrees mentioned above)
How to Apply:
- Students cannot apply directly for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications must be made through a higher education institution. If you are studying in two higher education institutions, you can only submit a single application.
- First time applicants who wish to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship by Sciences Po must indicate so in the “Financial Information” section of their Sciences Po application form and must provide the required documents. Please note that your scholarship request will be taken into account only in case of admission.
- Students already admitted at Sciences Po, students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission or students admitted last year in their first graduate year who requested a deferral have to send their Eiffel Scholarship application by email to the Admissions office by attaching the required documents : Admissions contact form
- Sciences Po will select the applications that it wishes to present to Campus France. Please note that applying for the Eiffel grant does not guarantee the presentation of your application to Campus France.
All candidates must attach the following documents to their scholarship application :
- CV, including information on the applicant’s level (distinction/honours, ranking or position in the promotion, number of students in the promotion, diploma with information on specialization, date of the diploma, final grades)
- professional project, one or two pages. The applicant must explain the reasons for studying in France as opposed to their home country, their interest for the selected programme and how this will help them achieve their career goals and objectives.
- academic transcripts of all the years of higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programmes)
- Language test certificates (French and/or English) if necessary
Award Providers: Eiffel Scholarship, Sciences Po
Application deadline: 3rd of November, 2017 and 10th November, 2017 for new candidates at Sciences Po.