Cyprus, is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean and the third largest and third most populous island in the Mediterranean. Cyprus is located south of Turkey, west of Syria and Lebanon, northwest of Israel, north of Egypt, and southeast of Greece.
Nowadays, international students are finding it interesting to study here. Most Cypriots speak English, and other prominent languages. Cyprus, is one of the countries on the Mediterranean region that enjoys a relatively low crime rate, high standard of living and a thriving education sector.
Top Lists of Universities in Cyprus:
- British University of Nicosia– British University of Nicosia is a private university located in Kyrenia, Northern Cyprus. It was founded in 2014.
Phone: +90 392 650 00 00
- Cyprus International University-Cyprus International University is an English language private university in Northern Cyprus. founded in 1997.
Phone no:+90 392 671 1111
- Cyprus Science University-The university was founded in 2013.
Phone no: +90 392 650 0000, +90 392 650 0030
- Cyprus University of Technology- The Cyprus University of Technology was established in 2004.
Phone:+357 25 002500
- Eastern Mediterranean University- The Eastern Mediterranean University, located in Northern Cyprus. The university was established in 1979.
Tel: +90 392 630 11 11
- Dogu Akdeniz University, located in Famagusta
- The University of Cyprus, located in Nicosia
- Cyprus International University, located in Lefkosia
- Yakin Dogu University, located in Nicosia
- University of Nicosia, located in Nicosia
- Cyprus International Institute of Management, located in Nicosia
Most students will enroll in courses of study within these schools based on their focus. Some schools offer comprehensive educational options whereas others focus on business or healthcare.
International students must apply directly to the school to determine the cost of education. Programs can range from €3000 up through €10,000 per year of study. This is set by the school, not by the government. There are numerous study abroad programs available as well. These programs can help making it less expensive because room and board is often provided. However, the average student will need to furnish his or her own accommodations.
Though public health care is often available to citizens, it is not readily available to students who are traveling internationally. Some study abroad programs provide for the health care needs of students enrolled in these programs. Otherwise, the student must obtain health care by enrolling in a policy through a local provider.