The Chinese government, in partnership with the African Union Commission (AUC), invites young African to participate in the Chinese Government Scholarships for Young Africans. Eligible persons are to study any course of their choice in the various Chinese universities.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2017/2018 Academic Year. The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of coordinating AU programs in education and human resource development; science, technology and innovation and youth empowerment.
The African Union’s Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology provides technical support to Member states in the development and implementation of policies and programmes towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as contribution to the attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Scholarships are tenable in the specific universities and particular courses as listed below. Eligible applicants are now encouraged to apply.
The scholarships are open to all African nationals who meet the Admission requirements below. The language of instruction shall be English.
Candidates applying for Masters programs must fulfil the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognised university with at least a second class upper or its equivalent, in a relevant field
- Maximum of 32 years
- Fluency in English as it is the teaching language
Citizens of African countries ONLY
Scholarships are tenable in the following universities (with the course fields and areas explained within):
- China Agricultural University – 2017 Master of Management
- China Women’s University – 2017 Master of Social Work
- Southern Medical University – 2017 Master of Public Health
- Communication University of China – 2017 Master of Intern Com
- Beijing Jiaotong University – 2017 Master of Traffic
- Peking University – 2017 Master of Public Policy
- Tsinghua University – 2017 IMPA Program
- Peking University – 2017 Master and Ph.D. Programs
- Tsinghua University – 2017 Master of Public Administration
- Central Uninversity of Finance and Economics – 2017
- Shanghai National Accounting Institute – 2017 Master
- Nanjing Audit University – 2017 Master of Auditing
- Tongji University – 2017 Master of Environmental Management
- Zhejiang Normal University – 2017
Fields of study
Several disciplines and courses are eligible – from management, social work, international communications to public health, public administration, accounting, environmental management, and others. Please see full list in the various university links (pdf) under ‘Participating Institutions’ above
Number of awards
It will cover the entire duration of the scholarships
The scholarship will cover the cost related to teaching and the administration of the university and the living expenses of the students from the fund of the foreign aid, supervising thesis.
The cost related to teaching includes tuition, teaching materials, field trips and study tours. The basic living expenses include the accommodation, living allowances, the one-time settlement fee, and the medical insurance. Of which, the 3000 RMB of settlement fee will be given to the students in one time.
The living allowances (36000 RMB/year for Master students and 42000RMB/year for Doctor students) will be given to the students on a monthly basis. All the other funds will be managed by the university or Chinese
Method of Application
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any
- Certified copies of relevant Certificates, transcripts and personal details page of national passport (at least 6 months validity)
- Clear, coloured passport photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees, one professional referee
- Health certificate
All applicants must apply directly through the University website and in addition, apply for scholarship through the Chinese Government Website and send copies by email for scholarship nomination to Olaleye Matthew Adewumi – [email protected] and copied to Hilda Muhu – [email protected].
Application Deadline: 30 June 2017