Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) is a private Christian university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. CMU was established in 1999. The University offers academic programs in the arts, sciences business administration, intercultural studies, music and therapy degrees for undergraduate and master’s level.
CMU is recognized and offer a variety of programs. The university also has a pre-professional studies program that usually lasts for a year or more to prepare students to complete professional course tracks.
Why study at Canadian Mennonite University?
- Studying at Canadian Mennonite University gives students access to sound education and spiritual guidance essential for them and society at large. Choosing a responsible lifestyle and becoming decision creators is what the university prepare their students for.
- Canadian Mennonite University is a comprehensive university. It offers academic and research purposes for students and staff. In CMU, the classrooms are great and the university has a well- structured library where students get the latest study materials for them to thrive in their academics.
- At CMU, you can be the best you want to be. The school has four schools and one college that offer undergraduate and three postgraduate studies. Each faculty has lecturers with vast knowledge on the course(s) they handle.
- Canadian Mennonite University is an ideal university for teaching undergraduate programs in conflict resolution, peace international studies, religious dimensions and theological foundations.
- CMU is open for anyone. Although it is a Christian university, students with a different faith can still attend the school and enjoy all the benefits set out by the school.
How to apply for admission to Canadian Mennonite University?
- CMU will accept electronic transcripts only for those applying for Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Spring 2021 intakes.
- Electronic transcripts must be official transcripts submitted to CMU directly from the institution. The transcripts must be sent from the Registrar’s Office of the institution, using an email address which is published and easily accessible on the institution’s website.
- Admission based on electronic transcripts will be conditional. Final admission will only be granted after CMU receives official hard copies of the transcripts, sent by the institution. The hard copies of the transcripts must be identical to the transcripts on which conditional admission was based. Students will not be able to begin studies at CMU until hard copies of the transcripts have been received and reviewed.
- Letters of Conditional Acceptance, for use when applying for a study permit and visa, will be provided when conditional acceptance is granted. Students facing additional disruptions to the application process due to the COVID-19 situation should contact CMUto discuss deferring applications and enrolment to the following term or academic year.
Complete an Application Form
Eligible candidates can apply for admission which can be done in two ways. You can apply online (Undergraduate, Graduate) or you can print out a PDF application form (Undergraduate, Graduate) and mail or fax it to CMU.
Pay $150 Application Fee (non-refundable)
You’re expected to pay a $ 150 application fee which can be done through a money transfer service, Flywire. currently used by CMU.
Submit Supporting Documentation
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Students.
Transcripts: CMU requires official transcripts (direct from the school/institution) to determine your eligibility. These documents should be mailed to CMU. CMU will accept interim electronic documents as official for students currently studying high school when sent directly from the school. Once high school is completed, official documents must be mailed directly from the school.
If you require these transcripts back please inform us IN WRITING (either with a letter, or email). We will send you your transcripts back either by post (with an additional charge for postage), or hold them until you arrive at CMU. It is CMU policy to only hold onto students files for three years, after which time their file will be shredded (in following Canadian information laws).
Graduate students should consult the Grad Studies Application page and program specific pages for the supporting documentation required for their program.
Include English Proficiency Exam Results
International students are to provide a proficiency in English result of less than two years. Look here Country Specific Requirements to see English Proficiency requirements.
Receive Notification of Admission from CMU
After you’ve successfully submitted your applications at Canadian Mennonite University, the school will contact you within three to four weeks for undergraduate programs. While, Graduate applicants can expect a reply within six to eight weeks. CMU, also replies even when no admission was offered.
Apply for On-Campus Housing (if you hope to live on campus)
- If you wish to stay On-Campus Housing, apply through the following:
- When applying for On-Campus Housing, CMU require a housing application and TWO housing reference forms. You will need to make sure that the two reference forms (e.g. a teacher, pastor, community leader—no relatives) are all filled out and sent to us directly. Find reference forms here: Personal/Housing Reference Forms.
- Housing is not assigned to international students until a student has received a study permit and has paid the full advance deposit. On-campus housing is not guaranteed.
Use your Acceptance Letter to Apply for a Study Permit
- If you meet CMU’s entrance criteria, and CMU has received the fees and all documents referred to above, CMU’s Admissions Coordinator will send you an official Letter of Acceptance. You can use either a Conditional or FinalLetter of Acceptance to apply for your Study Permit. CMU will issue an electronic copy of the letter that can be used to apply for a Study Permit online.
Popular programs to study at CMU
Undergraduate Credentials Offered
- Bachelor of Arts
four-year honours degree, four-year degree, and three-year degree
19 majors offered – subject areas listed below
- Bachelor of Business Administration
four-year degree and four-year degree with co-op option
5 majors offered – Accounting, Business Management, Human Resource Management,
Not-for-Profit Management, Social Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Music
5 concentrations offered – Music Education, Music Ministry, Musicology, Performance, Comprehensive
- Bachelor of Music Therapy
four-year degree and two-year after degree
- Bachelor of Science
four-year degree and three-year degree
Undergraduate Programs & Subject Areas
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Business & Organizational Administration
- Communications & Media
- Counselling Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- International Development Studies
- Music Therapy
- Peace & Conflict Transformation Studies
- Political Studies
- Social Service
Tuition fee at Canadian Mennonite University
The tuition varies from level to level and it is based on course of study. For international Undergraduate Tuition fee is around $11,904.00 CAD Based on 10 courses at $1190.40 per course (excludes any applicable lab fees)
How to pay for your tuition fee
Canadian Mennonite University has introduced Flywire (a money transfer service) to enable international students pay their tuition and room and board. Payment can be made directly from your home country to your student account.
Please note: International Students who are denied a permit or visa will have their funds returned to them minus a $100 administration fee. The deposit will be refunded in accordance with currency rates at time of refund.
Fall semester start
Winter semester start
Spring//Summer semester start
Although Canadian Mennonite University is a faith-based university, it offers various programs in undergraduate down to master’s program. If you are planning to study here, kindly go through the application deadline to know when to begin the admission processes.