The Carleton University is now accepting applications for the Richard Van Loon Scholarships to pursue undergraduate as well as a graduate program for the year 2018. Carleton University, located in Ottawa, is a dynamic research and teaching institution, with a tradition of leading change and promoting innovation.
The Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship, valued at $5,000 for the 2017/2018 academic year, is awarded annually to an outstanding international student from an African country. The award was endowed in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
Eligibility: To be eligible,the candidate:
- must be a citizen of an African country.
- must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- must be in good academic standing.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: $5,000
How to Apply:
- Please complete all 5 sections of the application form.
- Enclose with your application an essay (500-600 words) on the topic provided.
- Enclose with your application a sealed recommendation from an academic referee.
- Enclose with your application proof of citizenship and a copy of your study permit for Canada
Acceptable referees would include:
A Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
Dean of a Faculty
A Director of a School or Institute
A Chair of a Department or Program
Award Providers: Carleton University
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017