Québec is a predominantly French-speaking province in eastern Canada with 2 vibrant cities in its south. Quebec is the second-most populous province of Canada, after Ontario. It is the only one to have a predominantly French-speaking population. The Québec government invites international students to apply for the Nature and Technology funded Doctoral Research Scholarships Program for International Students in the fields of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering at Québec University, Canada.
The scholarships are aimed at foreign students who had been preselected by a Québec university and who wish to carry out their doctoral studies in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields. To be eligible, applicants must specialize in the following areas:
- Information and communication technologies
- Health technologies
About the Award: The Doctoral Research Scholarships Program for Foreign Students (DE) of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et les technologies (FRQNT) aims to stimulate international student’s interest in beginning or pursuing doctoral studies in Québec and provide financial support to leading international Ph.D. candidates in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at: Any Québec University in Canada
Eligibility: Candidates must:
- Meet all eligibility criteria by the competition deadline on November 1st, 2017.
- Have been preselected by a Québec university by September 22nd, 2017.
- Not have obtained a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from the Ministère de l’Education et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) or from one of the Fonds de recherche du Québec.
- Not be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Not have submitted an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration laws.
In addition to the aforementioned criteria, applicants should note the following restrictions and administrative prerequisites:
Study program restrictions:
- The scholarship cannot be used for qualifying studies.
- Only students who have been preselected by a Québec university may apply to the competition.
- Universities may support two competition applications per year.
- Candidate’s preselection is the sole responsibility of the university. Information on preselection deadlines is available In the Toolbox (See in Program webpage Link below).
Value of Scholarship: The maximum annual value of the doctoral research scholarship for international students is 21 000 $. Within the eligibility period of twelve semesters or 48 months, a scholarship holder may receive a maximum of twelve installments for a total of 84 000 $. Each payment of up to 7 000 $ covers a period of four months or one semester. The 11th and 12th installments are conditional on the initial deposit of the thesis before the end of the 12th financed semester.
Duration of Award: 12 to 48months.
How to apply: Apply
It is important to go through the Application instructions in the Scholarship Webpage (See link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2017