Canada is one of the most sought after study abroad destination for international students. The quality education, peaceful environment and the easy acclimatization students enjoy are of the obvious reasons the country consistently, receive a chunk number of applications year in, year out.
Canada offers great opportunity. To study in Canada, is an avenue that opens the door for those who would like to immigrate to Canada permanently. So, it’s very important to get approval for your study permit so that you can pave your road towards immigration, for those who would like to immigrate. Also, for those who would like to academically grow.
WHAT IS A STUDY PERMIT?
A Study Permit is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows a foreign national to study in Canada for a limited time
Applying fora Canadian Study Permit
The question pooping in the heads of many now is how do you put up a successful application?
Of course, step one is you have to apply to a college or university of your liking and you’re planning to study and you have to get the acceptance letter from the education institute in Canada. Once you have your acceptance letter, you are going to put your application together. One of the most important factors to consider when you are putting your application is to provide a sufficient fund that can cover your cost of tuition fee in Canada as well as your basic necessities during your study
- You have sufficient funds to cover tuition, living expenses, transportation and other costs while you are living in Canada (bank statements, proof of scholarship, parental bank statements, etc.);
- You are a law-abiding citizen and do not have a criminal record (police check from your country of residence);
- You are in good health (medical records);
- You will leave Canada once you have completed your studies.
To apply for a study permit you can:
You must have:
- Access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents to upload, and
- A valid credit card to pay with
Apply on paper
Read the instruction guide to get all the details to apply on paper.
Once you have read the guide, you can prepare your application package. You must select the country/territory from which you will be applying to get your local visa office instructions.