Brazil is situated in South America. It has a very unique culture. The official language is Portuguese. Brazil is world famous for football.
Brazil has one of the finest universities and the opportunities are immense. There are a lot of public universities and there is no tuition fees payable there.Fields like biodiversity, resource management, social justice or public health and many more options are there to choose from. There are around 25000 programs available to international students.
Private universities also stand out for the number of quality programs offered and of students enrolled. They account for 76% of the higher education system and offer courses lasting from 2 to 6 years.The Catholic Universities (PUCs), The Advertising and Marketing School (ESPM) and the Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV) and many others are examples of excellence in private higher education.
These universities, whether public or private, invest in quality programs and in social inclusion. They boast of fine facilities, seasoned faculties, affordable prices and great supply of courses. Knowing the country well and learning its language provide an important edge for professional education.
Universities in Brazil are known for popular courses in MBA, Engineering, Biology, Odontology, Medicine, Dermatology and Veterinary sciences. Theyr are world-renowned and sought after by students from every corner of the planet. For this reason, a number of multinational corporations recruit employees from Brazilian universities and has become a hotspot for student recruitment. MBA programs and specialization courses in the country are also noteworthy, as well as programs that combine traineeships and volunteer work in needy and indigenous communities.
Brazil has a number of vibrant cities including Brasilia, its capital, São Paulo, Brazil’s financial and cultural center and its largest city, Salvador de Bahia, famous for its Afro-Brazilian culture, and Rio de Janeiro, known as the marvelous city, among many others. People here are warm and students here are welcome and find it easy to adapt to the culture
Cost of study and living in Brazil
· The cost of living including food, accommodation, utility bills and travel is approx. USD 3000 per month.
· The cost of study in Brazil is approx. USD 5,500 for around 4 credits. However it differs from university to university.
· Another important factor that is given less importance is that health insurance while stay in the country for which it is advisable to select a plan that suits the candidatein the best possible manner.
Admission procedure for study in Brazil
· In order to gain admission in Higher Education Institutions, students must have completed the Secondary Education Level and be approved in ‘Vestibular’, a competitive examination to determine whether the student is qualified to enter in a given institution. A decade ago, the Brazilian government launched ENEM (Secondary Education Evaluation Exam ). Since then, some HEI´s accept ENEM as part of the admission process.Some common guidelines for admission to Brazilian universities are as under:
· A student must choose the institute or university and download their application form. After duly completing the same, it should be sent to the institute along with testimonials of earlier education completed.
· The English language proficiency tests score should also be mentioned in the application.
· After the institute peruses the application it decides the selection of the candidate, if the candidate receives a letter of acceptance from the institution the students should apply for a Student’s pass or visa.
Top universities in Brazil
Some of the best and top universities in Brazil 2012-2013 are Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Universidade de São Paulo, Universidade de Brasília, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG).