Many international students choose to study in Australia, perhaps because of the cultural diversity, friendly natives, and high quality of education. The University of Melbourne offers the International Undergraduate Scholarships for foreign undergraduate students who wish to study in Australia. The University of Melbourne (informally Melbourne University or simply Melbourne) is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria. Founded in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria.
The University of Melbourne is ranked 5th in the world for Education, 8th in Law, 13th in Computer Science & IT, 13th in Arts and Humanities, 14th in Dentistry and 18th in Medicine.
The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population.
Eligible undergraduate applicants are invited to apply for this scholarship award.
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree)
Provider: University of Melbourne
Country to Study in: Australia
To be considered for a fee remission scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
- have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels
- an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program,
- overall 98% in an approved Foundation program
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Australia and New Zealand)
University of Melbourne, Australia
Fields of study
Any undergraduate degree course offered at the University of Melbourne
Number of awards
Usually 50 award scholarships are offered per annum under this program
Duration depends on the type of scholarship awarded, ranging from awards that cover only the first year to awards that cover the whole duration of undergraduate degree programs. See ‘Scholarship benefits’ below for more information.
The International Undergraduate scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
- a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
Method of Application
You do not need to submit an application for this scholarship. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on the application procedure and also to access the application form.
Application Deadline: Rolling (Nov / Dec 2017 || Jan / Apr / May 2018)
Open to International Applicants: