Australia is one of the most sought after when it comes to study abroad education. The country’s education system is robust and of quality. International students every year troop in to study here despite its expensive tuition fee. Interestingly, there’re scholarship programs to help support students.
A study in Australia, can really be amazing. A study in Australia, promotes innovation, creativity and independent thinking throughout its universities. International students have the opportunity to study and work.
Top 5 Universities in Australia:
1. Australian National University (ANU) – The Australian National University (ANU) is a national research university located in Canberra, the capital of Australia.
Its main campus in Acton encompasses seven teaching and research colleges, in addition to several national academies and institutes.
Founded in 1946, it is the only university to have been created by the Parliament of Australia.
2. University of Melbourne- The University of Melbourne is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria.
Melbourne’s main campus is located in Parkville, an inner suburb north of the Melbourne central business district, with several other campuses located across Victoria.
3. University of New South Wales (UNSW)- The University of New South Wales is an Australian public research university located in the Sydney suburb of Kensington. Established in 1949, it is ranked 3rd in Australia.
The university comprises nine faculties, through which it offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees. The main campus is located on a 38-hectare (94-acre) site in the Sydney suburb of Kensington, 7km (about 4.3 miles) from the Sydney central business district.
4. University of Queensland (UQ)– The University of Queensland (UQ) is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane, Australia. Founded in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is Australia’s fifth oldest university and is colloquially known as a sandstone university.The main St Lucia campus occupies muc
5. University of Sydney-The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia.
Founded in 1850, it was Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. It is ranked as the world’s 50th most reputable university. The university comprises 16 faculties and schools, through which it offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees.
Insurance for Australia
Australia has a special health insurance coverage for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSCH). This insurance is required while on your student visa in Australia. Many international students traveling and studying in Australia will want to have a private health insurance plan in place for the full duration of their time abroad.
Study and Work in Australia
In Australia, international students have the ample opportunity to work while studying. Australia, unlike other countries, gives those with a student visa automatic permission to work. International students must find a job on their own. This can help gain some pratical work experience and as well as, support their living expenses.