Irish Universities boasts of high-quality education. Ireland is rated among the best countries that have global reputable universities. One of the top universities growing enormously fast is the university of Limerick. The university is ranked as one of the best universities in Ireland, known for its innovation in education and excellence in research. To study at the University of Limerick, I will provide you with complete details with all the necessary information that would facilitate your admission.
Why you should study at the University of Limerick
- Among the top universities
The University of Limerick university is ranked amongst the top Irish universities. According to Times Higher Education Ranking (2021), It is within the best 1000 universities sitting on 501 on the list.
- High-quality education
It is popularly known for its research-intensive teaching style, offering a wide range of courses in all study levels. UL, as it is commonly called offers 72 bachelor programs and 103 graduate programs in four faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Education and health sciences; Camy Business School; And science and engineering. Amazingly, it offers coop education, making it one of the preferred universities in Ireland for international students.
- Limerick University has set up its exploration uniqueness by advancing examination moves described by the transformation of autonomous controls cooperating to accomplish fundamental accomplishments.
- The university operates the US-style credit framework, there are two scholarly semesters in the scholastic year, which is September to May. An appraisal is in letter evaluations and GPA is determined on the size of 4-focuses
- The regular semester course load has 5 modules (course/classes); the credits are 6 ECTS given to each module and 30 ECTS credits for a semester study. Each semester has 13-16 credits, making it a total of 28-31 for a full academic calendar.
How to apply for admission
For Non-EU Undergraduate Application.
International students wanting to study at the University of Limerick should take note of this. It is required to pay an application fee of €35 (via electronic transfer) will apply. The university allows students to apply for two undergraduate programmes in one online application.
Students who are not from the EU countries wishing to make an application can find information on how to apply to the UL admission page by clicking here
Documents required for admission
Here are lists of documents to provide:
- Certified/notarized copies of all transcripts and School/Degree/Diploma awards. These can be certified/notarized by your home school/college/university, a notary or a legal representative.
- Copy of birth certificate or passport.
- Medical/disability documentation if applicable.
- English language qualifications if applicable.
Non-EU Postgraduate Application
How to Apply
To apply for a graduate or undergraduate program at the University of Limerick is the same process. All you need to do is go to the Graduate School page, select your preferred course and click on the apply now button.
Please note: To apply, it requires a non-refundable application fee of €35 (through electronic transfer), and you can apply for two graduate programmes in one online application.
Documents required for admission
- Degree Certificate
- Transcript of Results from an undergraduate degree
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- English Language Qualifications if applicable
The tuition fee of the University of Limerick
The University of Limerick has one of the lowest tuition fees in Ireland. Information on tuition fees can be found on the UL Student Fees website. The tuition fee varies based on program type and is subject to change.
There are two ways students can their tuition fee. They are:
The International Education Division has made payment easy for students who live outside the EU zone with the option of paying their tuition fees for full-time programmes online. Fees for on-campus accommodation and medical insurance fees may also be paid online. With no international bank transfer fee.
How it works
You’re to make a local bank transfer in your home country. This local payment takes one day. You then email International Student Payment Service (ISPS) a copy of your electronic funds’ transfer payment. ISPS receive an instant notification from the local bank and transfers the money into the University of Limerick bank account.
Use this link: Proceed to pay for tuition/accommodation / medical insurance through TransferMate.
- Option 2, by phone
Students can pay over the phone by calling 00353 61 529097. This is a 24-hour automated service.
Please note, you will only be able to pay your acceptance deposit and tuition fees over the phone. You will not be able to pay accommodation costs or purchase medical insurance.
Students can stay in private residence or hostels provided by the school. There are options to choose from the six residential villages located on campus, they are Plassey village, Kilmurry village, Thomond village, Dromroe village, Quigley residence and Cappavilla village.
Depending on how exquisite the room is, it can cost between €4,000 to €8000 annually.
Scholarship and funding
There are a quite number of scholarship opportunities at the University of Limerick, these opportunities are available to all students. To apply for a scholarship, visit here to see various scholarship opportunities.
I hope this post on how to study at the University of Limerick Ireland was helpful. Kindly visit the links provided.