International students who aspire to study, work and live in the bustling business center of Belgium, are welcome. Belgium offers international students a unique educational experience steeped in rich history and vibrant culture, right in the heart of Europe.
The Hasselt University Belgium, is delighted to invite applications for the Master’s scholarships for international students at the University.
Hasselt University is a young, dynamic centre of expertise for teaching, research and service provision. The University has campuses in Hasselt and Diepenbeek, Belgium. It was officially established in 1971, as the Limburgs Universitair Centrum. On June 15, 2005 the university changed its name to Hasselt University.
Value of Award: Which costs are covered by the scholarship?
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
To Be Taken At (Country): Belgium
Eligibility: Scholarship eligibility criteria
- Nationality and Country of Residence:
A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco,
Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
The maximum age for a Master’s programme candidate is 35 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
Academic eligibility criteria
- Diploma requirements:
Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credit points). Applications of holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer sciences, Chemistry, Biology,Life sciences, Bio-, Business-, Civil engineering, Medicine, Sociology, Psychology, Artificial intelligence, Biotechnology with a sufficiently strong background in Mathematics and Statistics can apply.
- Language requirements:
Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate good command of the English language, both spoken and written.English language skills need to be confirmed by a recent score on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or any recognised proficiency test:
- a TOEFL score report (paper-based: score 550 or more, computerbased: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80)
- IELTS certificate (overall band score 6.0)
- The English Language Test can be waived on the basis of an interview or if English language proficiency is proven otherwise (e.g. if education or part of it was in English or if English is a national language in your home country).How to Apply:Application Deadline: 1st March 2018visit the Program Webpage for Details