The Sheffield Hallam University has introduced Transform Together Scholarships for international and EU (Non-UK) students who are starting a full-time taught course, be it an undergraduate or a postgraduate program.
Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) is a public university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It is based on two sites; City Campus is located in the city centre, close to Sheffield railway station, and Collegiate Crescent Campus is about two miles away, adjacent to Ecclesall Road in south-west Sheffield. The university is the eighth largest university in the UK (out of 166).
A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available for postgraduate courses and for each year of an undergraduate degree. Scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement.
The scholarships will be awarded to well-qualified students who demonstrate academic, personal or professional achievement on their scholarship application form. Successful applicants will be awarded with a certificate to mark their achievement following enrollment in their course of study.
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Eligible Field of Study: Scholarship applications are welcome from those holding offers for the following full-time taught postgraduate courses
- MSc International Events and Conference Management
- MA TESOL
- MSc Technical Architecture
- MA Design
- MSc Food Manufacturing Engineering
- MSc Advancing Physiotherapy Practice
- MSc Sport Business Management
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must:
- be an international or a European Union (non-UK) fee paying student
- postgraduates only – have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the English and academic entry requirements for your course. Please attach your transcripts to your scholarship application
- undergraduates only – have achieved or exceeded the English and academic entry requirements for the course
- have an offer for a full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University.
- be self-funding your studies
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Half fee waiver (50%) is available for postgraduate courses and for each year of an undergraduate degree.
A package of incentives is to be confirmed, but will include:
- the opportunity to become an alumni ambassador back in your home country
- a programme of events which aims to enhance your learning and social experience with fellow scholars
- a Sheffield Hallam University hoodie
Successful scholars will be expected to represent Sheffield Hallam University through various activities during the academic year and after graduation.
Duration of Scholarship: for full period of the study
How to Apply: To apply for a Transform Together Scholarship, you must have received an offer for a full-time taught course at Sheffield Hallam University for the relevant year. If you have not yet applied for a course, please visit the online prospectus to find a course and apply. Once you have received an offer for a course, you must complete and submit the scholarship application form with transcripts by 31st May, 2017 for September 2017 start and 1st November, 2017 for January 2018.
Sponsors: Sheffield Hallam University
Application Deadlines: 1st November, 2017 for January 2018 start