Clark College is the 2nd largest college in Washington State’s system of community colleges. This is a 2-year degree or transfer choice with online classes for students.
Clark College is a friendly community college with an active student body, a large variety of courses, (including online degree classes) and excellent teachers. Cultural and enriching events are sponsored often and add depth to the college experience and bring students closer to their community.
This school has a comfortable modern campus, yet it fits in with the natural beauty of the local area. Within a two-hour drive one can view the famous active volcano Mount St. Helens, sailboard on the Columbia River near beautiful Mount Hood, or be at the beach. Within a half hour one can be in downtown Portland, Oregon, at the Zoo, shopping at Powell’s City of Books, or at the huge interactive science museum, OMSI. Hiking and other sports abound. Clark College is also just a quick trip away from easy-to-use PDX international airport.
Location of Clark College
The main Clark College campus is located in the city of Vancouver in Clark County, Washington. Clark County is just north of Portland, Oregon, across the gorgeous Columbia River (of Lewis and Clark fame), with easy freeway access for a simple commute from many areas.
Clark College has a lovely campus with lots of green grass, fir and other trees, and plenty of curved walking paths. The main campus is located on 101 acres in Vancouver’s historic Central Park. There is a relaxing park-like feel at this college and lots of space to roam and breathe the fresh air of the Pacific Northwest.
Classrooms are spaced out, but not too far apart. The library, bookstore and computer lab are all top-rate. Wi-Fi access is offered free to all students.
Also on campus are excellent places to eat, run by the culinary course students. The food is delicious and varied and is offered at budget prices. A student bakery offers cakes, cookies and other fine breads and desserts.
Other Course Locations (including Online)
Classes are also offered at Clark College at Washington State University Vancouver (about 20 minutes north on Interstate 5) and at Town Plaza, two miles east of the main campus. There is a partnership between Clark College and WSU Vancouver; Students can gain admittance to both schools and transfer easily. Many online education classes and free essaysare offered to students, as well.
College Course Offerings
Clark College offers transfer classes and two-year AA programs at bargain community college prices. Transfer degree studies are provided with a variety of course choices, with various location and online options. Technical training and basic skills classes are offered. Online college classes are also available for distance learning. Technical and certificate programs provide career opportunities.
Some Clark College Transfer Degrees Offered
- Associate in Applied Science (specific professional- technical career objective)
- Associate in Applied Technology (specific vocational-technical career objective)
- Certificate of Proficiency (occupational training)
- Certificate of Achievement (specialized occupational training)
- Certificate of Completion in Business Technology, Business Technology – Medical Office, Computer Technology, Culinary Arts, Professional Baking, Phlebotomy and Welding Technology.
Facts About Clark College
- Approximately 12,500 full-time and part-time students attend each quarter.
- Clark College has varied options for gaining college credit including credit through military experience, credit by challenge, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and more.
- Many online classes / courses are offered to work toward a degree.
If one is looking for a good, safe, interesting community college, Clark College should be considered.