Top Medical Schools in India
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi. The All India Institute of Medical Science or AIIMS was established in 1956 and serves as the nucleus of medical education in India. The college nurtures excellence in every field of health care. It possesses comprehensive facilities of patient-care, research and teaching and conducts the teaching program in 42 different disciplines.
2. Christian Medical College, Vellore
Christian Medical College and Hospital which is also abbreviated CMC is a century-old Christian educational center founded by Ida S. Scudder. It is one of the best medical colleges in Vellore and ranks second in the country.
3. Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
It is a government medical college affiliated to the University of Delhi. The college is named after Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the great Indian freedom fighter. The medical education standard of this college is top quality, along with the good facilities it offers.
4. Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
AFMC or Armed Forces Medical College was established in May 1948 and it is an amalgamation of a number of Defence medical organizations. At present, the institute is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health and Sciences. It is recognized by MCI for conducting postgraduate and undergraduate medical courses.
5. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Kasturba Medical College established on 30th June, 1953 is the very 1st college in the private sector, and is also regarded as one of the top 5 medical colleges in India. The degrees awarded in this college are recognized throughout the world. Students from more than 44 countries have successfully graduated from this college.
6. Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
Lady Hardinge laid the foundation stone of this college on 17th March, 1914 and it is affiliated to the University of Delhi. The college offers a number of post-graduate courses. Previously, Hardinge provided post-graduate courses only for female students but since the year 1970, both female and male students are being admitted at the college.
7. Grant Medical College, Mumbai
Grant Medical College is a prestigious and premiere educational institution in India. The college ranks amongst the top 10 medical colleges and it is a State Government Medical College.