OPEC Fund for International Development YPD Program is now open for application. This program targets young professionals from OFID’s member countries and aims at equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to meet the minimum requirements for OFID’s entry level professional positions. YPDP will allow participants of the program to acquainted with OFID’s operations and how the different departments/units contribute to the achievement of the institution’s overall strategic and operational goals.
After completion of the 2- years program, participants may be offered employment at OFID, based on job availability, OFID’s manpower needs and the outcomes of his/her performance appraisal reviews.
Applicants must meet the following requirements before sending in their application;
- Applicants must be graduates from reputable universities.
- Must be a national of OFID Member Country (Member Country nationals who are citizens or residents of the host country are not eligible).
- Must not be older than 28 years.
- Must have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university.
- Outstanding academic credentials (minimum of a 3.0 G.P.A or equivalent).
- Be fluent in English language.
- Proficiency in one or more international languages is strongly desired.
- Specialized in a field relevant to OFID’s operations such as development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources and any other relevant discipline.
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution within an international and multicultural environment.
- An understanding of OFID’s mandate.
- Willingness to serve OFID for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program, if selected.
Applicants will be selected through an intensive and rigorous selection process. Applicants accepted in each year will join the Program in the first quarter of the subsequent year. Candidates who are offered a position in the YPDP shall respond within 2 weeks. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria may be contacted for interviews.
How to apply
Before you apply, endeavor to meet all the requirements. Make sure that you have all the information at hand including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), and the Application Essay to be emailed to [email protected] once the application form has been submitted.
Complete and submit the online YPDP Application Form.
You must write in not more than 1000 words an original essay on (i) the potential role of OFID in resolving some of the above challenges, and (ii) your own contribution if you were to work for OFID. You may focus on a region or set of countries as well as your area of expertise to formulate your essay.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for application is October 2nd 2015