Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May fifteenth , 2017.
This year, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is embedding itself in applicable discussions going on in Nigeria, and beyond. Through the third release of the Annual Essay Competition, the NHEF is giving the Nigerian youth a voice and a stage to take part in these socially-pertinent civil arguments.
After much thought, the NHEF is satisfied to declare the accompanying points ensured to goad basic thinking and arousing in the members. Our subjects are themed around Gender, The Nigerian Economy, and Information Privacy:
“THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH GENDER AS IT IS TODAY AND WE MUST DO SOMETHING TO FIX IT.” CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE
“THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY IS ACHIEVING PROJECTED DIVERSIFICATION FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.” DISCUSS
“THE PROLIFERATION OF ONLINE PLATFORMS IS IN CONSTANT TENSION WITH THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY: ONE MUST GIVE WAY FOR THE OTHER TO THRIVE.”
All understudies selected in their final year at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to take an interest in the article challenge.
* NHEF Partner Universities incorporate Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and the University of Port Harcourt.
Article Criteria and Submission Procedure
All articles must conform to the accompanying challenge governs before accommodation:
• No scholarly shape other than an exposition will be acknowledged.
• Each bit of composing must mirror the competitor’s capacity to investigate and talk about thoughts and moral ideas.
• Essay must show the direction of research and an adequate point by point outline.
• Essays must be 2000 words long, twofold dispersed, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch spacing barring book index and cover sheet.
• Each article must incorporate a Title Page, a Bibliography and a checked duplicate of the candidate’s present understudy ID. The understudy’s enlistment ID# must show up at the header area of each page.
• Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF design.
• References in the paper ought to be incorporated and obviously recognized.
• All sections must be submitted by means of email to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May fifteenth , 2017.
Understudies are urged to study procedures on the best way to prevent literary theft as the articles will be checked for scholarly credibility. This connection contains a supportive guide.
Fantastic prize champ of the 2017 Essay Competition will be granted a monetary prize of N100,000 with a time of paid educational cost. First runner-up will be granted a money prize of N75,000 with a time of paid educational cost. Second runner-up will be granted N50,000 with a time of paid educational cost.
Note: Enrollment will be confirmed with the University’s enlistment center.
Disclaimer: Submitted papers will turn into the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reproduce the articles in its mediums and productions. Suitable references will be given to every one of the authors.
*Students selected in their final year are third year students of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year students of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will check enlistment of every contender with the University Registrar.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the NHEF third Annual Scholarship Essay Competition 2017