The Development Scholarship of New Zealand was established to build up the social, political and economic ties of The Republic of New Zealand and some selected countries (Asia, Africa, Caribbean and Latin America) in the International Community.
International students have the opportunity to apply and be selected for any program that was sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign and Trade under the support of The Government. The objective of this scholarship is to assist young high fliers with outstanding academic potential to pursue excellent studies and be well-equipped to contribute towards the improvement of their home Country. Note that the selected candidates will be hosted in any of the 10 accredited Universities or a partnered institution in the South East Asia. Though diverse subject areas are taught, those selected are required to choose a field of study aligning with the developmental needs of their home country. For example, subjects like Energy management, Agriculture Development, Public and Private Sector Development, Risk and Disaster management, etc.
Applicants can apply for a full tuition Postgraduate Certificate ( 6 months), Diploma( 1 year), Masters Degree(1yr – 2yrs) and PHD studies (3yrs – 5yrs). The scholarship offer coverage of full cost of fees, Living allowance (paid after every two weeks), an establishment allowance and medical and travel insurance. You are also granted funds for the cost of a return flights tickets, the cost of thesis for many undergrads and reunion travel cost (for only a sect of the students).
The following requirements must be in place for an application to be eligible for review the selection panel in the first place.
- The candidate’s official age must be18yrs at the begining of his/her studies.
- The applicant must be a citizen and residing in their home country for two years or above
- The applicants must be willing to return to their home countries and make use of the acquired skills and knowledge to enhance development at the end of the programme.
- The candidate must be in a good position to meet the immigration requirements needed to obtain Visa to study at the new zealand.
How to Apply
The mode of application is in two ways:
- By Post: This is applicable to countries that still use the postal system. Applicants are to submit their documents to the Office of the High commission of New zealand in their respective countries. Alternatively, it is advisable to submit documents to the Admissions Representative in person. This should be done on or before April 15, 2016.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
All applications should be completed before 30th April 2016.