Monash University, one of the oldest Universities in Australia is offering both undergraduate and postgraduate merit scholarships to international students who intend to study in the University. Scholarship worth $50,000 will be awarded to each successful applicant(based on a 5 year degree) – $10,000 for a full time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree are completed.
The following requirements have to be met if you want to be considered for this award:
- Applicant must be classified as international student for fee purposes.
- Must be commencing students with a full Monash course offer or continuing students.
- Must be undertaking a full time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia
Fields of study
All undergraduate and graduate study programs at Monash University, Australia
What the scholarship covers
A total of $50,000 (based on a 5 year degree) will be awarded to each successful applicant. $10,000 for a full time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum numbers of points for your degree are completed.
Selection of applicants for this award will be based on the following:
- Academic achievement.
- Preference will be given to commencing students, particularly commencing students who are not enrolled in a Monash pathway course.
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (1000 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
How to apply
You must apply to Monash University and receive an offer before applying for this scholarships. A separate application form for this scholarship must be submitted by the deadline dates below. Do not submit your supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application are as follows:
|Selection round and closing date||Commencement|
|Round one: October 15||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Round two: November 15||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Round three: January 15||Semester one or two of the current year|
|Round four: March 15||Semester two of the current year|
|Round five: April 15||Semester two of the current year|
|Round six: June 12||Semester two of the current year|
Important points to note
- The Monash International merit scholarship is for undergraduate and graduate students who have received study offer at Monash University, Australia
- Scholarship worth $50,000 will be given out to each successful applicants.
- Ensure you hold a study offer from Monash University before you submit a scholarship application.