The Mo Dewji Foundation is a registered charity dedicated to enriching lives and alleviating the poverty and hardship of Tanzania’s citizens. The Mo Dewji Foundation is pleased to declare open the 2017/18 scholarships to outstanding high school students planning to pursue higher education, which covers four years of undergraduate college program at the University of Dar-es-Salaam.
The scholarship program, offered in collaboration with the University of Dar es Salaam, is intended to create a community of passionate students and provide them with the capacity to achieve their greatest potential.
Eligible Countries: Tanzania
To be taken at (country): University of Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Eligible Field of Study: Education
Eligibility: To be eligible:
- Recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the scholarship).
- Recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- Recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
- Recipient must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- Recipient must declare their intent with a major / degree program of his/her choice.
- Recipient should not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
High Academic Achievement: Recipient must have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.8 in their A-Levels. This will be judged based on their academic transcript, and by testimony to their scholarly excellence that is provided by a letter of recommendation by a teacher.
Financial Need: Recipient must demonstrate a financial need and submit documentation in the form of a written statement explaining the need plus any available reinforcing narrative in the form of references that will be vetted by the committee.
Leadership Potential: Recipient must demonstrate leadership potential as demonstrated in extra-curricular activities, projects, and/or duties upheld prior to commencing their undergraduate studies. Applicants are required to provide evidence of this in the form of a written recommendation letter, awards received etc. as and where applicable.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarship will be applied to the following expenses only:
- Tuition Fees = TZS 1,000,000 – TZS 1,500,000 depending on the academic program of the scholarship recipient.
- Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fee, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books and stationery allowance. A maximum amount of TZS 80,000 per scholarship recipient.
- Housing and meals allowance = TZS 1,500,000 per annum per scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship award is a non-cash award to recipient’s UDSM account as outlined on the scholarship application. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
How to Apply: Before applying, make sure that you have all the required documents:
- MoScholars Program application form
- Official un-conditional acceptance letter to UDSM
- Official secondary/high-school transcript
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential
You may download and complete the application form. Send this form and all other application materials (listed on the application) to [email protected]
Award Provider: Mo Dewji Foundation will notify all successful scholarship recipients by email of their scholarship. As a courtesy, applicants who are unsuccessful in the scholarship application will also be notified by email.
Application Deadline: 20th October, 2017