China may be considered as a business hub for many industrialists, nevertheless, its educational sector is doing well as some top universities in China can be compared with their counterparts in Europe, and the Asian continent. Most Chinese academic institutions award various degree programme ranging from undergraduate even up to doctoral level. Whatever degree you intend to pursue in China be rest assured, there won’t be any regret. For students planning to run master’s program in China, I will list 4 best universities for MBA in China.
Why run MBA in China?
- That which you seek in Europe, UK universities is also available in Chinese Universities. China is one of the interesting destinations for an MBA degree. All thanks to its high-tech advancement in business, innovations, and education which makes it one of the preferred study abroad destination for international students seeking to do their MBA programs.
- Affordable tuition fee
Running an MBA in China is super-cheap if compared to schools outside China. Despite the affordability, the standard of education is top-notch.
- Conducive learning environment
MBA students studying in China has the opportunity of studying with the latest technology which makes education easier and enjoyable.
MBA in China
MBA programs in China often focus on specialized fields such as management information systems, marketing strategy, human recourses, innovation, etc. MBA students carry out research projects under the instruction of their supervisors.
Pursuing an MBA in China
International students can choose to study in Chinese or English taught MBA programs in China depends on their Chinese and English proficiency. In most programs, students learn courses from both Chinese and foreign professors. MBA in China expects applicants to have at least 3 years of working experience and a bachelor’s degree or above.
4 best MBA Universities In China
- China Europe International Business School
- Peking University – Guanghua School of Management
- Fudan University – School Of Management
- Tsinghua University – School of Economics and Management
- CEIBS – China Europe International Business School
China Europe International Business School (CEIBS is a business school located in Shanghai, China. Established under an agreement between the Chinese government and the European Commission in Shanghai in November 1994, CEIBS was the first business school in mainland China to offer a full-time MBA, an Executive MBA and a wide range of Executive Education programmes.
CEIBS follows the European model of business schools. Its MBA programme has consistently ranked amongst the best in the world. Since 1994, the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) has existed as one of the top businesses in the world.
The school also trains about 10,000 students through CEIBS’ short-term executive programs each year.
Admission requirements for CEIBS
Applying for studentship programs in CEIBS requires the following documents;
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- A minimum of two full years of work experience
- A valid GMAT and GRE or CEIBS admissions test certificate
- A certificate of proficiency and a strong command of both written and spoken in English
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee
- Completed application including two essay questions
A highly committed organization that will allow you to work for two days off each month while attending classes; financial sponsorship not obligatory.
The tuition fee in CEIBS for the 18-MBA program costs RMB408, 000. This includes the cost of textbooks, access to the school’s database for MBA students and internet resources.
2. Peking University – Guanghua School of Management
The Guanghua School of Management is the business school of Peking University in Beijing, China. The school offers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs, with a total enrollment of more than 3,000 students.
Also, the School runs an EMBA program and MPAcc program, as well as several other non-degree, customized Executive Education Programs. Guanghua was ranked #54 in the top 100 Global MBA rankings by the Financial Times for its International MBA program, and #8 for its Master of Finance program in 2012. It has consistently been regarded as one of the top business schools in China, often recognized for faculty research, academic teaching, and admission selectivity.
Established in 1985, the Guanghua School of Management has been existing as the Business School of Peking University in Beijing, China. Its international MBA program is a full-time, MBA program that is in English for the high prospective professional who desires to become global business leaders.
The school also offers many full-time and part-time MBA programs that are in Chinese.
Admission requirements for Guanghua School of Management
- Prospective applicant(s) in Guanghua School of Management is to have the following requirements;
- Must be non-Chinese citizenship.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or above.
- Have relevant work experience.
- Have competitive GMAT or GRE scores.
The tuition fee in Guanghua School of Management varies according to the different courses and levels of programs. However, the international full-time MBA program cost RMB 188, 000 for the entire program, while the part-time MBA program is about RMB 328, 000 for the whole program.
3. Fudan University – School Of Management
The MBA Program at Fudan University is one of the most well-established, influential, and distinguished MBA programs in all of China. Since its foundation in 1991, the Fudan MBA Program has trained business leaders active on both the domestic and international scene.
In over 20 years, the exceptional accomplishments of Fudan MBA have been widely recognized and have made it been highly sought after by MBA applicants.
Over the years, the MBA Program at Fudan University has been recognized as one of the leading programs in China by relevant institutions and media.
The program is devoted to training international management elites with an outlook toward the global economy and a deep understanding of China.
The students range from different businesses and industries who have achieved excellence in their fields. The part-time MBA program allows students to draw lessons from one another, and to integrate what has learned in the classroom with real-life practice.
The MBA program is mainly taught in Mandarin Chinese and the learning materials are adapted to both internationalization and localization.
At Fudan University, its MBA program is one of the well-established, effective, influential and distinguished MBA program in the nation of China. The school has since its inception, trained business leaders active on the domestic and international platforms.
Admission Requirements for Fudan University – School Of Management
Intending students at Fudan University – School Of Management are to have the following requirements;
- University degree from a recognized university
- Professional or full-time work experience of no less than 2 years
- An acceptable GMAT/GRE score or other equivalent graduate school entrance examination scores within the period of validity (International applicants)
- A score of GRK which meets the minimum requirement of Fudan (Chinese applicants)
- A score of special GRK which meets the minimum requirement of Fudan(Macau, Taiwan & Hong Kong applicants)
The tuition fee for the school ranges around 269,800 CNY and for international MBA is $34,100, which covers the cost of tuition, textbooks, action learning projects, seminars, and dissertations.
4. Tsinghua University – School of Economics and Management
Tsinghua University School of Economics and is the business school of Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. The school offers undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and many executive education programs, with a total enrollment of more than 3,000 students.
Tsinghua University School of Economics and Management is the business School of Tsinghua University, located in Beijing, China. The history of the institution dates back to 1926 when Tsinghua University started its faculty of economics..
It was the first mainland Chinese institution to have achieved AACSB and EQUIS accreditations for its business and accounting programs. The MIT Global MBA at Tsinghua is a full two-year MBA program which is a partnership between Tsinghua University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) since 1997 when the International MBA (IMBA) was established.
Tsinghua SEM is strong in innovation and entrepreneurship education.
Tsinghua University – School of Economics Requirements
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- Competitive GMAT/GRE score or Tsinghua MBA Alternative Entrance Exam score;
- Completed Tsinghua MBA online application and submission of required supporting materials.
- Completed Tsinghua MBA Application Form
- Scanned undergraduate degree certificate
- Scanned undergraduate transcript
- Two recommendation letters submitted by the referees
- Current resume (1 page)
- Scanned passport page with personal information
The tuition fee for Tsinghua University – School of Economics and Management varies according to the different programs.
Kindly visit the website of your chosen school. Pursuing an MBA in China worths it. On how to apply, check the requirements and other vital information available on the website.