The workload usually bestowed on students can be overwhelming. Reading, writing of notes, preparing for an assignment and project isn’t a bed of roses. But when nothing is done when battling with stress, it can spring forth depression which could be very bad for a student.
To manage or to permanently bring stress to a halt, certain measures can be taken and that is the purpose of this article.
Eighty to ninety percent of undergraduates perceive school activities to be boring and stale but it’s not so. Most academic activities can be mentally demanding but in actual sense, the main reason for your study abroad.
Read also: How to Study Abroad in a Stress Free Manner
Causes of stress
What can really trigger stress to set in? A lot of factors usually come to play and such happens when you overlook a loophole.
- Overload paper work
- General altitude of the student
- Emotional breakdown
- Traumatic experience
- Fear of examination
Having known the above, it will be very vital if they analysis is given is other to stop it from dictating on how your daily life go.
- Overload paper work – Sometimes, the lecturer will give an assignment, project or perhaps a term paper only for the student to dwell in procrastination. The time to sit down and do the needed became almost impossible because of a mental weakness you feel can’t be conquered. Most student will only start working on the assignment when is a day to submission and by then, there’s a huge pile of assignments to do that you don’t even know when they were given.
Read also: How to Manage Stress While Studying Abroad
To minimize stress in school, you need to do your paperworks as soon as they were given.
- Student general altitude – These are actually a factor that is found within. Usually as a result of believing something that is wrong or probably because of having the wrong motives of going to school. Such students see school related activities as stress instead of fun. Unconsciously, they have programmed their mind to act as such way which brings more harm than good to the students future.
Everything can be managed including this; what you need to do is change your mentality and tangle yourself with friends who sees fun. With that, you mind will ne reprogrammed to positivity.
- Emotional breakdown – This factor can kick in as a result of a failed relationship or family problems. During suvhw unpleasant experience, the student is usually stressed beyond words because of fear of the uncertainty. The girst sign usually exhibited by studen in this kind of stress is depression.
- Traumatic experience – This is the worst of it all as it has transit from stress o trauma. Some students must have experienced rape, death of a loved one and as a result, concentration becomes nearly impossible. Such cases require the attention of professionals.
- Fear of examination – That’s another factor that needs urgent tackling if you must soar in your academics. The only magic pill is to read and prepare adequately for your exams. Fear usually grip the unprepared.