The government of Czech Republic is awarding scholarships to international students from developing countries to pursue Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degree programs in the fields of Economics, Agriculture, Informatics, Environment and Energetics at public universities in the Czech Republic. This scholarship will cover expenses such as tuition fees, food accommodation, travels etc. The deadline for scholarship application is 30th September, 2014.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic. These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study.
- Applicants must be graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses, as applicable, Who can Enroll only in Study Programmes in Which instruction is given in the English language.
- Depending on the subject area, Applicants are normally required to sit entrance Examinations at the higher education institution Concerned. Successful passing of Entrance examination constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award
- The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
- The scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
Fields of study
Scholarship will be provided for students to pursue Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral programs in the fields of Economics, Agriculture, Informatics, Environment and Energetics at public universities in the Czech Republic.
What the scholarship covers
- This scholarship will cover expenses such as tuition fees, food accommodation, travels etc
- Currently the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month
- The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs.Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the CR
- Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the CR or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
How to apply
Each applicant is obliged to fill in an electronic application form. Applicants for a scholarship of the Government of the CR shall submit the documentation in two counterparts (i.e. two separate identical files). All applications should be submitted through a Diplomatic Mission of the Czech Republic in the given country (hereinafter referred to as the “Mission”). Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th September, 2014