ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Students who are interested in undergoing a Master’s program and are from a developing country and need a scholarship can apply for the OFID fully funded scholarship. The OFID fully funded scholarship will be awarded to four excellent international students from developing countries around the world. The scholarship is for Master’s program or study with particular importance to development at any approved university around the world.
The scholarship does come with some benefits which will help assist successful applicants with their studies. Successful applicants for the OFID scholarship will be given 50,000 US dollars. The amount will be given over a maximum period of one year to a student to complete a master’s program at an accredited educational institution. The scholarship will be taken at any recognized university in the world
The amount of 50,000 US dollars given to successful applicants is to assist them as they study. The amount is meant to cover tuition fees, accommodation, books, insurance, monthly allowances, relocation grants, travel cost and to also take cake of other living expenses.
FIELD OF STUDY
Scholarships are awarded for the following courses economics of development (energy and sustainable development, poverty reduction), environment (desertification), or other similar science and technology fields.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should meet the following requirements
- Should be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of completing application
- Applicants should have received or are about completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an approved college or university or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or more on a 4.0 rating system or its equivalent.
- Should be enrolled at an approved university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2016 and must maintain full-time status for the period of the Master’s Degree.
- Should be a citizen of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Should choose a subject of study that relates to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are done online with relevant documents uploaded. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Deadline for application is May 8 2016