The Augsburg University in USA, is offering full presidential scholarships for incoming high school seniors. The scholarship recognizes 2 students per year that have applied for Augsburg’s competitive scholarships.
Augsburg University is a private, co-educational Liberal Arts college located in Minneapolis, Minnesota affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Applicants who attend the secondary school where English is the primary language of instruction may have the proof of English proficiency requirement waived on a case by case basis.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Full scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: For consideration, students are expected to have a 3.5 or higher GPA and a 27 or greater ACT composite score/1290 or greater SAT composite score.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: All international applicants who are non-native English speakers, must submit one of the following in order to meet the English Proficiency Requirement for admission:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 80 on the internet-based test (iBT) or a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test (pBT)
- IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.5
- SAT: minimum score of 570 on the NEW Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Sections (1030 on the Critical Reading and Writing Sections – OLD SAT)
- ACT: minimum score of 22 on the English and Reading sections
How to Apply: Applicants are encouraged to apply for additional scholarships for which they might qualify, but if a Full Presidential Scholarship is awarded, the recipient cannot receive any other Augsburg scholarships.
To apply as a first-year applicant, please follow these steps towards becoming an Auggie:
- Complete the Augsburg Application or the Common Application online
- Submit official high school transcripts (for documents not in English, please include the English translation)
- Request one letter of academic recommendation from a teacher or guidance counsellor
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (see accepted exams and minimum scores below)
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2018.