The Finnish Government Scholarship for the academic year 2016/2017 is now open for application. This scholarship will be awarded to qualified applicants who wish to pursue doctorate degree programs and research at Finnish universities or state research institutes. A monthly living allowance of EUR 1500 will be given out as scholarship benefit.
The Finnish government is offering scholarships of 3 to 9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities and State research institutes. The scholarship is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research.
In order to apply for this scholarship, the following requirements must be met:
- Applicant must have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions‘).
- Have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- Have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying.
- Intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- Not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- Be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- Be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
Fields of study
Scholarship will be awarded for doctorate degree programs or research Finnish Universities or State research institutes.
Only applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply. Scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the countries listed below:
- India (NB: not applicable for the academic year 2016-2017) *
- Republic of Korea
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. Please note that expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
How to apply
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for detailed information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 15 February 2016.