Emory University Scholars Program for international students is now open for application. Emory University, a US based institution is awarding undergraduate scholarships to international students to study at Emory University. The aim of this scholarship is to empower outstanding students, through distinct resources and support, to reach their full potential and have a notable impact on the university, Atlanta, and the greater global community.
Emory scholars must meet the following requirements;
QUALITIES OF AN EMORY SCHOLAR:
These are the seeds, the makings of an Emory Scholar. Emory University seeks grounded individuals who are looking to grow and build on these strong qualities and give of their talents to the Emory community and beyond:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Creative Thinking
- Servant Leadership
- Communication Skills
- Contribution to community
- The selection for merit-based scholarships is administered by the Emory University Office of Undergraduate Admission in conjunction with Emory College, Oxford College, and the Goizueta Business School. The scholarship selection process remains separate from the financial aid application process and will have no impact on a student’s need-based financial aid award.
- Roughly 175-200 Scholar applicants will receive notification of their selection as a Scholar Finalist as along with admission to Emory College, Oxford College, or the Goizueta Business School by February 15. If selected as a finalist, students will be invited to and required to attend the on-campus Scholar Finalists Visit Program.
- Finalist interviews for Emory Scholars take place in mid-March. If you are a finalist, you will be brought to Emory (at no expense to you) for activities and interviews designed to help finalists become better acquainted with Emory University and the distinct Scholar Programs available. The Scholar Selection Committee makes its final choices for the various awards immediately following these Visit programs.
What the scholarship covers
- Emory provides everything you need to grow – a merit-based scholarship, exceptional programming and opportunities for growth, and engagement with peers, faculty, and alumni – all of which support you in reaching your full potential
- The Oxford Scholars Program seeks to promote intellectual and leadership capacities, encourage civic engagement and social responsibility, and develop ethical leadership skills and collaborative decision making.
- The Goizueta Scholars award will range from half of full tuition to full tuition and fees. As a Goizueta Scholar, you will have guaranteed admission to the business school and priority access to business classes.
How to apply
To be guaranteed consideration for the Emory University Scholar selection process students must submit all required application materials by the November 15 Emory University Scholar Programs deadline. Applicants will need to select one of Emory’s three admission decision plans (Early Decision I, Early Decision II, or Regular Decision). Please note students applying Early Decision I (EDI) may apply for the Scholar Programs, but need to meet the EDI November 1 deadline for all application materials.
Please note for the 2016-17 application cycle, applicants no longer need to be nominated by a high school guidance/college counselor to be considered for the Emory University Scholar Programs, and no additional nomination forms are required.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 15th November 2016